Hollow points

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by biggred, Aug 17, 2010.

1. biggred

biggred New Member

Are hollow points legal in ga hand guns didnt see any thing about them not legal i know theres states they are not like nj.

Christine likes this.
  2. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

No state level restrictions for pistol ammunition. I believe there is Federal prohibition of armor piercing pistol ammunition though. Aside from that, carry whatever you like and performs well.

3. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Its legal to carry hollow points in GA. They are illegal in very few states.
    In GA you can carry whatever can be obtained on the open legal market.

Christine likes this.
  4. Christine

Christine New Member

5. Christine

Christine New Member

Thanks this is the answer I was looking for!!

6. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

Yep, here in GA, unlike the People's Democratic Republic of New Jersey, all ammunition is legal. Hollow points. Pre-fragmented ammo (Glaser Safety Slug, MagSafe). Tracers, amor piercing, incendiary. Even bolo and flechette rounds for 12 gauge shotguns are legal here.

7. Christine

Christine New Member

Great.because I moved to this start I didn't ask. Lol.in the state of florida.its not legal there.

8. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

9. Christine

Christine New Member

10. Christine

Christine New Member

No it's not legal there in Florida

11. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

What...are...you...talking...about???

Florida does not prohibit possession or use of hollowpoint bullets by citizens. Please do your research before posting pure bologna.

12. Christine

Christine New Member

I don't have to...but that wasn't for you! I posted on yours by mistake

13. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Christine,

Spelling and grammar contribute to accurate communication. A lot of law around firearms carry depends on precise definitions, which need good spelling and grammar so we can all understand what the law means. We all want to help, but try and help us by writing more coherent sentences. kthxbai

RedDawnTheMusical likes this.
  14. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

To bad we don't have a BS smilie here because I'd be throwing it right about now. I don't know how long you lived in FL but I lived there for 30 years before moving to GA. Hollow point handgun ammo was never banned nor attempted to be banned. Only AP handgun ammo is banned per statute.

15. Christine

Christine New Member

I was born n raised there..just not old like you are..I can tell u have alot of age but yes sir your correct..but it's not this serious. Be bless later

16. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

hollow points are legal in fl

Christine likes this.
  17. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm f**ken Yoda.

Command of the English language, both written and spoken, seems to be a lost art. I'm surprised we haven't gotten to the point of needing an "English To English" translation guide. #-o

Here's some helpful resources you should avail yourself of so that you'll hopefully get a better understanding of Georgia's weapons laws than you had of Florida's.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/ga-code/

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/ga-code/

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  18. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

There you go moe. Make your fortune with a new book

Dis wut dat means to reasonable people.

Nemo

19. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I also have trouble trying to decipher posts made in broken English or with huge problems in grammar and spelling.
    And, as everybody knows, I abhor the way the internet is used to spread rumor, urban legend, myth, and disinformation, either through ignorance or intentional propaganda. I'm in the "if you think something is illegal, cite the Code section that says so. Don't just type your announcement of your conclusion that it's illegal."

However, some of you posting in this thread are being unnecessarily rude to Christine.

Y'all take note: Most of the posts in the "Women and Firearms" thread have been made by men, not women, and the last post by a woman in there was several months ago.

Quit being hateful and mean to the ladies, and the newbies.

mark5019 and AtlPhilip like this.
  20. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

[​IMG]