Hogue rubber sleeve for Glock

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Sharky, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

So I ordered and received my Hogue Handall Jr. rubber sleeve for my G26. Are they kidding baout this thing actually fitting???????

Anybody use this on their 26. There is no way in He$$ this thing is going on. and I pulled on it like an ape!!!!

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Stick it in the microwave to heat it up a bit. While it is warm it will stretch more. I have one on my G22 and it was a bear to get on. Once on, it cooled and took back its original size. It is snug.

I was also told you could put a little lube in there to get it to slide on. The lube will dry out eventually and not cause it to slip back off. I wasn't willing to try this, didn't want it greasy.

3. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Sounds good I will give it a go later tonight. Thanks for the info. I thought I ordered the wrong one. But after going to Hogues website there are only 2 to choose from anyways. Full size and the Jr. I figured there had to be a way to get this thing on.

Reminds me of health class in NY when I was younger. Our health ed teacher came in with a 2 liter 7-up bottle and a condom! She said dont ever use the excuse it wont fit. She got the whole 2 liter bottle wrapped without any kind of assistance from a lubricant!!!!

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

When I put the one on my G17 I soaked it in hot water for a few minutes first and it went right on. When it cooled it fit like a glove. Another trick that helps is to spray a little hair spray on the pistol grip first. It will act as a lubricant when putting the grip on, and when it dries it acts as an adhesive to keep it from moving.

5. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

I used steam to get the one on my Glock22. its the full size though, but it feels great in the hand. it will twist aruond the grip a little bit, after a bunch of shooting.

6. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

thanks guys. I will try your methods! And of course let you know which one worked for me.

7. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

so forget that idea!!!!!!

I boiled the grip for a few seconds, it definitely helped. Then tried to carefully slip it on. Had it about halfway and pulled on the sides. Well it tore! :evil: There goes 5 buck down the toilet.

Forget that idea........ Little lady will have to get used to it without rubber grips!

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You can't be too careful.....

9. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

:lol: Thats pretty good there Adam! You got me. Although a 747 jetliner could have drove through that open door!!!

HEHEHEHE

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Mods,

Sorry if my comment was out too far of line feel free to delete it if needed.