Hogue Grips for SIGs

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by VolGrad, Oct 3, 2007.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I just ordered some Hogue Rubber Finger Groove Grips for my 229. I am anxious to see what they feel like. My e-mail response stated my order has been approved but then went on to discuss how long it could take to process and ship. It was a standard form letter and not anything specific to what I actually ordered.

When I was shopping around the Hogue site I found the Extremeâ„¢ Series Custom Machined Aluminum and Titanium grips. Check them out. The Checkered Mat Black Anodized ones for $159.95 look pretty cool, but don't know how they would feel.

You MUST scroll down and check out the Titanium ones for $995.95. WTF? Not only do they sound like a bad idea - for may reasons - but it is kind of like the fools that put a $5,000 sound system in a $500 car.

2. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

I can see someone spending more on optics than the gun to which they're fitted. But handgun grips? Smooth metal grips with maybe $50 worth of material in 'em?

3. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i see a lot of people that have wheels worth more than the car.

4. VolGrad

True dat. Doesn't make it right. LOL.

5. VolGrad

I ordered my grips last night. They shipped today. Not too bad considering they sent some message about orders taking 45 days. blah blah blah.

6. larz

larz Member

I have them on my 226 and like them..picked them up at HOT SHOTS in Smyrna.

7. VolGrad

I am not kidding - I think I have rec'd 6 messages from them updating me on every step of the process. There was a small delay along the way because someone in shipping had to take a crap. Everything is back on schedule. Their customer service so far seems pretty darn good.

8. VolGrad

Just installed my new grips on my 229. Can't wait to shoot them tomorrow. They do make the grips thicker overall but I really like them.

9. VolGrad

Tried two different sets for my P220. Neither fit well. Seemed pretty far out of spec. Sent back for refund. Sad.

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I put Pierce wrap around grips on my 9mm 1911. The make the grip large, but feel great. As far as fit is concerned, it's hard to say. I had to buy a set for a Para Ordnance P14 and modify them to fit my Armscor.