Hog Hunters Wanted!!!!

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by tmoore912, Oct 15, 2014.

1. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

This could be a awesome way to get to hunt some really good land and provide for your family. #Bacon

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/GADNR/bulletins/c9bfac#.VD7GB_mOJ0Q.twitter

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  2. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about calling them tomorrow. Have you done this?

3. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

I have not done this, and really have no need right now. I already hunt some private land in Montgomery County on the Oconee River that has all the hogs we can handle.

This could very well turn into a awesome opportunity to have access to some good quality hunting land local to you and help curb the feral hog population.

4. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

You might even make friends with the farmer and be allowed to return to hunt deer on his/her land.

5. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

This :up: All Day Long!!!

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That's really cool. Thanks for posting.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm not a hunter, but this sounds like a win-win situation for the farmers and hunters. I will pass it to a friend or two.

8. SlowRain

SlowRain New Member

Thanks for posting. Signed up!

9. TerriLiGunn

TerriLiGunn Not Tacticool

Thanks for the heads up. I have a grudge against feral hogs. I also wanted to start hunting this season. Win-Win for me.

10. FNX45Guy

FNX45Guy Active Member

Awesome! It sounded great until I noted the "...seeks to match up hog hunters in the same county with farmers..." part surmising the Fulton County feral hog population to be zilch.

11. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

I doubt they would count certain trough-swilling, out of control politicians, so Fulton County is probably out. Perhaps a "how far are you willing to travel?" question might be in order, especially for folks living near county lines.

12. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

South Fulton is very rural. We buy cheese, eggs, chicken, lamb etc. from a farm in Chattahoochee Hills and it's surrounded by other farms.

13. mog

mog Active Member

Am I overthinking this when I hesitate to fill in all of the info required to join in? Seems anywhere else wanting all of this online, especially a gov't agency, would get a giant pause and probably deleted normally. I want to participate so bad, but....
    oh the dilemma.

14. Taurus92

I hesitated too. Wonder why they are using a google docs form?

It's a good idea and I think the original distribution list was people already registered with a hunting license, so for us, it's not something they don't already know.

15. mog

mog Active Member

True. I hadn't thought about it that way.

16. FNX45Guy

FNX45Guy Active Member

I agree! Regarding the "trough-swilling out of control politicians"... I feel for your sentiments!

17. FNX45Guy

FNX45Guy Active Member

No doubt! Are there actual feral hog numbers/populations there though?

18. Taurus92

I called. It was frustrating. ](*,) Sometimes I think I'd rather deal with an automated system.

The point of my call was to find out about the county match-up, since I don't "hunt" in my residential county. I'm at a loss of words to describe the attempted conversation.

Anyway, if any of you get a hunt going in the "Northern zone" and would allow me to join in, shoot me a PM.

19. mog

mog Active Member

Done, and in! Thanks!