Hk45

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Rammstein, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

that's awesome. now i just have to save up for your 23, right? :D

3. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

+1, I was saving for a USP Tactical, but I think I found my baby.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I can't wait to get my tax return. I should only have to shell out a few bucks for the Hk45 after I get it back.

Oh man....I can't wait!

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

How much does one of these wonders cost? Weight? 9 different options for carry? Come on now... it's either good at one or two (SAO or DAO) or it's incredibly mediocre at any combination thereof.

I'll wait to see if I can find someone who bought one so I can shoot it at the range.

It could be all hype like the Sig556. I'm still thinking my next carry gun is an XD45 Compact. Cheaper for sure and you don't have endure months of hype for something that's invariably behind the curve when it comes out. :D

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Ramm, I did not see the capacity mentioned. Did it say?

And these really appear to be not such significant departures from the USP line (which are really great pistols), either in appearance (interior and exterior) or function.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

10 for full size and 8 for compact frame.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'm not really a .45 guy...but I am going to make an exception for this.

9. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

Ramm, that is lovely.

HK, pricey, no? Whats the tag on that bad boy?

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I haven't found a price but I am guessing somewhere in the ball park of $8-900

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I guess my question is, what is the difference between this and the USP line?

I thought the shape of the handle was different, but if you look at the USP Expert, even that looks the same.

I am not sure how many of the pistols have the rubber O-ring, but I think the Expert and Tactical do. Anyway, it is available in the USP line.

So, what is different?

12. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

It is basically a USP meant to mimic a 1911 design with a slimmer grip but more rugged.

It's a product improvement over the USP line. Not in internals, but in the design itself.

13. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Its a nice looking gun, I will give it that. Sounds like it might be a really nice shooting gun too. Not sure if a $8-900 tag is acceptable but... I'd be very interested in a report if & when you pick one up Ramm. I have several other items I'll be looking at before I would even consider a .45 (a safe, a good shotgun, a nice 9mm for carry....) but I have to admit that would look nice sitting on my bed side. :)
    Don't think I'd ever be likely to carry a .45 but as a quick grab in the car or late at night it would be nice to have. Would probably be a nice talking piece at the range too.

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'll more than likely continue to carry my Glock 19 but I want this gun.

As soon as I get my tax return back....it's gonna be mine.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Let me know when you get it so I can check it out in person.

16. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I'm not a fan of those HK USP mag releases; they feel akward to me. Nice guns otherwise.

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

My brother has an airsoft version of a USP compact. I find that mag changes are easier in that I don't have to readjust my grip to actuate the mag release like I would on a Glock.