Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Rammstein said:
I think the search for my next gun is over. Now I just have to start saving money.
+1, I was saving for a USP Tactical, but I think I found my baby.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't wait to get my tax return. I should only have to shell out a few bucks for the Hk45 after I get it back.

Oh man....I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
How much does one of these wonders cost? Weight? 9 different options for carry? Come on now... it's either good at one or two (SAO or DAO) or it's incredibly mediocre at any combination thereof.

I'll wait to see if I can find someone who bought one so I can shoot it at the range.

It could be all hype like the Sig556. I'm still thinking my next carry gun is an XD45 Compact. Cheaper for sure and you don't have endure months of hype for something that's invariably behind the curve when it comes out. :D

·
68,968 Posts
Ramm, I did not see the capacity mentioned. Did it say?

And these really appear to be not such significant departures from the USP line (which are really great pistols), either in appearance (interior and exterior) or function.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
10 for full size and 8 for compact frame.

In addition it features replaceable backstraps to adjust the
size and feel to suit a shooter’s individual taste. Housed inside
the grip is a steel 10-round magazine that will fit in both the
standard and compact models. A short eight-round magazine is
also available for the HK45C.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not really a .45 guy...but I am going to make an exception for this.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't found a price but I am guessing somewhere in the ball park of $8-900

·
68,968 Posts
I guess my question is, what is the difference between this and the USP line?

I thought the shape of the handle was different, but if you look at the USP Expert, even that looks the same.

I am not sure how many of the pistols have the rubber O-ring, but I think the Expert and Tactical do. Anyway, it is available in the USP line.

So, what is different?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is basically a USP meant to mimic a 1911 design with a slimmer grip but more rugged.

It's a product improvement over the USP line. Not in internals, but in the design itself.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Its a nice looking gun, I will give it that. Sounds like it might be a really nice shooting gun too. Not sure if a $8-900 tag is acceptable but... I'd be very interested in a report if & when you pick one up Ramm. I have several other items I'll be looking at before I would even consider a .45 (a safe, a good shotgun, a nice 9mm for carry....) but I have to admit that would look nice sitting on my bed side. :)
Don't think I'd ever be likely to carry a .45 but as a quick grab in the car or late at night it would be nice to have. Would probably be a nice talking piece at the range too.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll more than likely continue to carry my Glock 19 but I want this gun.

As soon as I get my tax return back....it's gonna be mine.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm not a fan of those HK USP mag releases; they feel akward to me. Nice guns otherwise.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My brother has an airsoft version of a USP compact. I find that mag changes are easier in that I don't have to readjust my grip to actuate the mag release like I would on a Glock.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts