Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love HK firearms and have never owned a HK Handgun. I will be making a trade on Monday. My Desert Eagle Mark VII 44 Mag for a HK USP 45 in OD green with a HK tac light. What are the expectations? How good are these in every day carry? I carry a Glock 26 in OD green right now but would love to switch. Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
I think you'll find it a fine weapon. It feeds just about anything though it prefers to be oiled and very clean when using SWC bullets.
If you want to conceal, you may want to get flush mag floorplates. Factory mags can get you to 12+1.

You might also want to look at the control groups available. Decocker, adjustable trigger overtravel, safety, DAO, and LEM kits can be mixed and matched depending on your preference.

One final note is to make sure the lockout in the bottom of the magwell is not engaged before you attempt to cock it or rack the slide. The penalty for not doing so is a bent hammer strut.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that the little metal bar that is poking out? How do I unengauge it?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I just got a full size USP 45 a few weeks ago and I love it so far. Great ergonomics and extremely accurate. Having 13 rounds of 230gr +P in an accurate pistol is a good feeling.

Here are my thoughts on mine: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54477

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
pikapp168 said:
Is that the little metal bar that is poking out? How do I unengauge it?
Not sure which little metal bar you are referring to, but the image below shows the USP lock. To engage/disengage the lock you should use the tool which should have been supplied with the pistol (in the case). It is a key that is a piece of punched sheet steel that has two nubs that mate with the mechanism in the pistol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts