HK P30

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by D3R3K, Jan 15, 2011.

1. D3R3K

D3R3K New Member

Thinking about getting an HK P30 in 9mm. I just love the feel of the grip and being a lefty, I really appreciate the ambidextrous controls.

Anyone have experience with the LEM trigger? Sounds like a great option, but I have only seen the DA/SA model for sale locally.

2. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

You certainly got that right about the grip! 8)

I tried one of these out back home last month and was fairly impressed with it. I have a Walther PPS, so I was used to the ambi mag release, but the P30s was rather small though, I thought. The model I fired was a DA/SA version. I'd never seen a decocking switch at the very back end of the slide before. It was a good shooter though.

3. hma153

hma153 Uninvited Guest

I have an H&K P30 with LEM. Wanna take it for a test run; where ya at?

4. D3R3K

D3R3K New Member

Would love to! I am in Smyrna.

5. hma153

hma153 Uninvited Guest

6. D3R3K

D3R3K New Member

hma153 very generously let me take his HK P30 with the LEM trigger for a test drive! It is a very nice gun! He had it configured with the the small back straps and side panels so I was having a small issue with my trigger finger wrapping a little too far over the trigger when squeezing to fire. Still considering the HKP30, but I really enjoyed his Sig P228. That thing is a tack driver! Super accurate and an extremely short stroke in SA mode. I was also comparing a Glock 17 with these two other 9MMs. It felt pretty good, but I preferred the other two guns to the Glock.

It was an interesting experience to fire some rounds from one 9mm, then switch to another, and then another back-to-back. Made for a great comparison and helped me narrow down what I want to purchase.

I am considering the HK P30, but questioning if the DA/SA model and the larger grip will resolve my issue with the trigger. If not, I will likely get a Sig P229.

7. D3R3K

D3R3K New Member

Thanks again hma153! It was a pleasure meeting such a great guy!

8. hma153

hma153 Uninvited Guest

Glad you enjoyed them, and it was a pleasure meeting you too. :righton:

9. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

Good condition SIG 228s can be found and for surprisingly low prices. I've seen guys who've picked them up in the mid $500 or so range. It was also my first pistol. 8)

Since you're considering the 229, IIRC, the versions chambered in .40 S&W and .357 SIG will also accept a 9mm conversion barrel as well. I'm not sure if the 9mm model can take the larger barrels/mags or not, though. :?

So, if you got the 229 in say... .40 for example, then you could simply buy the other caliber barrel/s you wanted and shoot mulitple calibers from the same pistol! :D SIG also sells .22 conversion kits for the 229, ( among other models ) so you could fire up to four different calibers. 8)

Just food for thought... :wink: :)

10. D3R3K

D3R3K New Member

That is some great info! hma153 was telling me the same thing. Really sells the Sig!

11. D3R3K

D3R3K New Member

I ended up getting the H&K P30 DA/SA model. The larger grips resolved my issue with the trigger. The trigger in the SA mode is also similar to the the P228/9 (although not quite as crisp). I can't wait to get back to the firing range and test it out!

12. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

New gun(s) without the required pr0n??? C'mon man...we need the pics to drool over :righton:

13. D3R3K

D3R3K New Member

Here you go!

[​IMG]