Hilton Hotels - Avoid Them!

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Phil1979, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

2. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

3. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

That sucks, but really, it's their private property and they can make their rules. Lesson learned: keep your firearms out of sight, when hotel staff are visiting your room.

4. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

That's a good lesson for any kind of valuable.

FWIW, I'm aware of no such rule at Holiday Inn (IHG) properties. We have guests that stay with us from time to time that come down open-carrying and I just smile and say "Good Morning, sir!"

5. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

I quit staying at a Hilton when they started "allowing" dogs, but with a $75 surcharge. (Most hotels charge $10-25, but quite a few don't charge anything if your dog doesn't damage anything)

Az

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Nobody here is disputing that. The fact that it is their private property does not immunize them from criticism.

7. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

I agree. Hilton deserves the negative comments.

8. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I've had to stay in Hilton's only because I had to. I had no idea about their anti-gun policy, I'm pretty sure I always hid my firearm from the clean up ladies, but I also don't make it a habit to openly carry in hotels anyway, and usually I'm just disarmed by my work when I come in and out of the hotel anyway. Also have noticed that Hilton Hotels are kind of overpriced for what they really are, I believe in some cases you can stay a much nicer and better hotel for less money, it seems like sometimes you're just paying for the name. I agree there are many reasons to publicly give negative comments to Hilton Hotels and I believe that we should do so in order to get them to possibly change some of their really crappy policies.

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Wow. This is totally off from every experience I've ever had at any Hilton brand hotel. I travel a lot now and stay in Hilton family hotels almost exclusively (for the rewards points).

I've never had the first problem with them about my guns, anywhere east of the Rockies.

10. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

The very few times I have openly carried in a Hilton hotel, nobody ever said anything about my firearm.

11. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

I Googled this, and aside from one specific Hampton Inn in Texas with a page on their 30.06 and 30.07 signs, I didn't find anything official.

12. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I've never encountered such with Hilton myself. Remember that this is one instance, and in a Hilton Hotel in Downtown Atlanta of all places. I'd like to know what Hilton Corporate has to say before passing judgement on Hilton Hotels generally.

13. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

I usually stay at Hampton Inns when I travel . I have OCed in quite a few. Never had any problems at all.

Hampton is owned by Hilton...

14. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lid-gKairPY[/ame]

15. GoingHam

GoingHam Love Obama?

I never liked them