1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,695 Posts
That sucks, but really, it's their private property and they can make their rules. Lesson learned: keep your firearms out of sight, when hotel staff are visiting your room.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,649 Posts
That sucks, but really, it's their private property and they can make their rules. Lesson learned: keep your firearms out of sight, when hotel staff are visiting your room.
That's a good lesson for any kind of valuable.

FWIW, I'm aware of no such rule at Holiday Inn (IHG) properties. We have guests that stay with us from time to time that come down open-carrying and I just smile and say "Good Morning, sir!"

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I quit staying at a Hilton when they started "allowing" dogs, but with a $75 surcharge. (Most hotels charge $10-25, but quite a few don't charge anything if your dog doesn't damage anything)

Az

·
69,784 Posts
That sucks, but really, it's their private property and they can make their rules.
Nobody here is disputing that. The fact that it is their private property does not immunize them from criticism.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,695 Posts
Nobody here is disputing that. The fact that it is their private property does not immunize them from criticism.
I agree. Hilton deserves the negative comments.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
I've had to stay in Hilton's only because I had to. I had no idea about their anti-gun policy, I'm pretty sure I always hid my firearm from the clean up ladies, but I also don't make it a habit to openly carry in hotels anyway, and usually I'm just disarmed by my work when I come in and out of the hotel anyway. Also have noticed that Hilton Hotels are kind of overpriced for what they really are, I believe in some cases you can stay a much nicer and better hotel for less money, it seems like sometimes you're just paying for the name. I agree there are many reasons to publicly give negative comments to Hilton Hotels and I believe that we should do so in order to get them to possibly change some of their really crappy policies.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Wow. This is totally off from every experience I've ever had at any Hilton brand hotel. I travel a lot now and stay in Hilton family hotels almost exclusively (for the rewards points).

I've never had the first problem with them about my guns, anywhere east of the Rockies.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Wow. This is totally off from every experience I've ever had at any Hilton brand hotel. I travel a lot now and stay in Hilton family hotels almost exclusively (for the rewards points).

I've never had the first problem with them about my guns, anywhere east of the Rockies.
The very few times I have openly carried in a Hilton hotel, nobody ever said anything about my firearm.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I Googled this, and aside from one specific Hampton Inn in Texas with a page on their 30.06 and 30.07 signs, I didn't find anything official.

·
American
3,289 Posts
I've never encountered such with Hilton myself. Remember that this is one instance, and in a Hilton Hotel in Downtown Atlanta of all places. I'd like to know what Hilton Corporate has to say before passing judgement on Hilton Hotels generally.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,526 Posts
I usually stay at Hampton Inns when I travel . I have OCed in quite a few. Never had any problems at all.

Hampton is owned by Hilton...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts