Hillary: Heller was About Protecting Toddlers

Discussion in 'In the News' started by mountainpass, Oct 20, 2016.

1. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

2. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Just - wow.

3. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=veKQOiKIO4w&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

well...

The plain language of the Second Amendment says "shall not be infringed."
    Not "erased" or "decimated" but even infringed.
    Arguably (and many here WILL argue) that means gun rights cannot be hindered at all. Not one penny of taxation, not one second's delay to fill out any form or submit to any questioning.

The 2A does not come with an age limit. Nor does it say that it doesn't apply to felons, mental cases, etc.

Therefore, HELLER really was, or COULD HAVE BEEN, about what the limits are on the Second Amendment.
    Does it really mean ANY GUN,
    ANY PLACE,
    BY ANY PERSON,
    AT ANY TIME,
    ANONYMOUSLY and NO QUESTIONS ASKED?

The Court had the opportunity to rule that the 2A is a bright-line rule that forbids gun control, period. They did not do so. They could have spoken about how old a person must be to enjoy full (or even limited) 2A rights.
    They did not put such dicta into the Court's opinion (but they did give such dicta on the topic of security-sensitive locations, and fully automatic weapons, neither were on point to Mr. Heller's situation).

5. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

I about fell out of my chair when Hillary made that claim. Heller was about protecting toddlers. Wow.

6. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

Basically, the Heller decision reinforced the power of the Supreme Court to make things up as they go along where the 2A is concerned.

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

the "safe storage" law that D.C. had was part of the Heller litigation, and the Court addressed it and decided it (in our favor).
    I don't think it's a lie to say that the problem of children finding their parents' guns and killing themselves or their playmates by accident was the primary purpose of the safe storage law in D.C.

Therefore, protecting toddlers from getting their hands on guns belonging to adults WAS half of what the HELLER case was about (the other half being the right to own a handgun in the first place, as contrasted with using a long gun for home defense).

8. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Somebody get a NASCAR driver to teach Hillary how to execute a sponsor shout-out.

9. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

Hillary is just really deflecting here with her statement about protecting kids, and pushing a new agenda within the Gun Control groups and MSM about safe storage laws.

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...no-hillary-clinton-not-support-2nd-amendment/

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  10. Tom S.

Tom S. Member

Dear compassionate Hillary . . . .

Dear compassionate Hillary will do anything to protect toddlers - but if you're scheduled to be born tomorrow she couldn't care less if you are ripped from the womb piece by piece and flushed down the toilet! Rant off. Sorry but I just had to get that off my chest. Her holier than thou hypocrisy just makes me sick sometimes.
    Tom

11. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

The truth is that Hillary would appoint Supreme Court justices that would uphold any local and state laws that would require gun owners to keep their disassembled firearms locked in one safe, and their ammo locked in another.

This surely would help prevent accidental deaths, IF people complied with it, but it would also defeat the purpose of having firearms in the first place, which is to protect your family from armed robbers, rapists, and murderers. No one would be able to get all the parts assembled and get it loaded as criminals are breaking in.

There are ways to have your guns immediately available and ready to use as tools to save your life, and at the same time keep them out of the hands of small children. Parents are best to know what those ways are, not the government.

The government has zero right to tell me how to safely handle my own property in my own home, nor does it have the right to tell me how to raise my children.

12. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

The "primary purpose" depends on the goals of the framers of the bill. If the goal of those framers is to couch gun-ban goals with innocent-sounding language about "safety," their "purpose" is not what their words say.

If they really did intend to protect toddlers, what level of scrutiny would that claim survive?

If you got any more indirect with your claim, you would not be much far off from the government's claim that the Gun Free School Zone act of 1990 was constitutional under the Commerce Clause, because guns in schools make kids afraid to learn, and an uneducated populace leads to a weaker national economy, ergo an interstate concern is present.

13. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

She's such a liar its not even funny

14. EJR914

She wants to protect toddlers so much, she wants you to be able to kill all the babies before they even get to be a toddler.

15. EJR914

Nailed it

16. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Guns killing toddlers are scary and awful. But car accidents, bicycle accidents, poisons, and swimming pools, not so much.

17. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

I think a small positive point for the ever-changing #nonsense messaging is that it shows each message isn't getting traction and they try something else.