Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the PG law is dead but was wondering if there was any ambiguity in the school portion of the new law that could be exploited against someone carrying at a high school football game(with a permit). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Unless you're exempt under OCGA 16-11-130, you'd be in violation carrying to a school function. You may only carry when picking up or dropping off a student.

·
Old Time Member
2,647 Posts
What about when the high schools go to the Dome to play in the post season? Not on school property.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
TheLaw said:
What about when the high schools go to the Dome to play in the post season? Not on school property.
That would be a "school function", if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure that makes it an unarmed victim zone.

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
CountryGun said:
Unless you're exempt under OCGA 16-11-130, you'd be in violation carrying to a school function. You may only carry when picking up or dropping off a student.
You might want to recheck the code!

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127.1
Carrying weapons within school safety zones, at school functions, or on school property

(c)
(7)A person who is licensed in accordance with Code Section 16-11-129 or issued a permit pursuant to Code Section 43-38-10, when such person carries or picks up a student at a school building, school function, or school property or on a bus or other transportation furnished by the school or a person who is licensed in accordance with Code Section 16-11-129 or issued a permit pursuant to Code Section 43-38-10 when he or she has any weapon legally kept within a vehicle when such vehicle is parked at such school property or is in transit through a designated school zone;
Although is does not say on other property at a school function! hmmmmm

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Which is why I said:
I know 127.1. I should've added that following picking up and dropping off. The "chosen ones" are the only ones going to a school function though.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
CC

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Kingfish said:
budone1967 said:
Be advised that these people are advocating criminal activity. CCing while carrying to an off limits location is still a crime.
The second offense used to be a felony for which you'd do 2-10 years plus a fine. I think the way the law now reads the charges are always misdemeanors. Thoughts on cumulative misdemeanors and rising fines over time? At what point would you still likely serve some time in the county jail? The risk for breaking the law is still very much there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts