Hey, I'm up here.

Discussion in 'Citizens Encounters' started by Rugerer, May 17, 2017.

1. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

I had something unusual happen today on a trip to Walmart. I parked outside the outdoor area entrance, where I usually get closer to the door, and walked in. The Walmart employee who tends the area, not a cashier, was standing around the fence entrance and watched me walking from 30 or so feet away.

Now when people notice the gun, which isn't much of the time, they usually glance at it, glance at me to "grade" me, maybe look back at it again, and that's it.

When he noticed the gun, his gaze just LOCKED onto it and stared at it for the entire time I spent walking to the opening. Not until I was close enough to touch him, did he look up, whereupon I stated, "Hi, how are you doing?" He provided some quick guttural answer, and that was it.

I've been to this Walmart many times, but don't recall ever seeing him before. But then again, it's unusual for me to go during the weekday.

2. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

I thought WalMart asked us all to Conceal?

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

WalMart's corporate policy is to abide by and follow the law of the state in which the store is located.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The WalMart on Howell Mill Rd. in Atlanta, off I-75, has a big "No Weapons" sign at their main door.
    I had been openly carrying, as I stopped there to get some stuff for the NRA Annual Meeting, but I pulled my shirt over the weapon and headed inside.
    Does this particular WalMart have corporate HQ's permission to ban gun carry? Or does the sign only apply to unlicensed individuals (local hoodlums and gangstas?)

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

speaking of "Hey, I'm up here" and people staring at other parts of one's body instead of making eye contact:

https://youtu.be/XkCDT7MA5ko

Nicole Scherzinger (of Pussycat Dolls) calls-out Conan O'Brian for staring at her boobs.

6. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

There are numerous videos on youtube about this topic. Each of them indicates that when Walmart Coporate is involved the restriction is....corrected. I've seen letters from Arkansas posted online that say that it's their policy. That doesn't mean local managers don't go rogue from time to time. I hope it's simply that the local manager is violating company policy.

According to online sources the WalMart Corporate policy that staff are supposed to be trained on says that the only time they are allowed to approach someone openly carrying about their weapon is if another customer says that it upsets them. When they do approach the only thing they are allowed to do is ask the open carrier to conceal their weapon. If they say no, there is nothing more they are allowed to do.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  7. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I had to look her up via google. Nearly every picture in the top 15 or so was similar to the one below. Hypocrit seems an appropriate title for her.
    [​IMG]

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have openly carried at that location several times.

9. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

not to my knowledge i allways oc