Hey from Metro Atlanta

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by EagleEye920, Feb 28, 2006.

1. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

Just thought i'd say hi. I was born and grew up in Southeast GA. Now living in Roswell.

See ya around!

IWB

2. Black Ice

Black Ice Member

Hello and welcome.

3. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Welcome. Glad to have another member. be sure to spread the word.

4. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

5. jmorin

jmorin New Member

Re

Hello there! Roswell, huh? My fiancee and I would love to live there but it's too far from our jobs in Atlanta.

Hey, take a minute to look at the current bills in the GA legislature dealing with our freedom to bear arms. Then find out who your local reps are, contact them, and encourage them to vote for (or against in one case) the bills listed. You can find out who your local rep is here:

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/

6. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

Yeah, the commute isn't the best for me. I work off of North Avenue and ride MARTA from North springs to North Ave. Total commute of like an hour. It sucks but it's only temporary and I'll deal with it because I like the area right now.

My wife's commute is only 1 mile. :)

7. artz

artz New Member

hi.......

and welcome to the board !!! 8)

8. jmorin

jmorin New Member

Re:

MARTA? That makes me think of another GA restriction I love with regard to carrying concealed firearms. I just rode MARTA from the airport to Peachtree Center the other day and didn't see 1 MARTA cop...not on board, not at any of the stations. And we traveled through some rough neighborhoods. Is just me noticing these things or do my liberal, ignorant friends notice it, too?

9. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

Yeah, I've only seen like 1 MARTA cop actually ON the train. I've seen a few at different stations but it's not very consistent.

MARTA definitely has some interesting characters aboard.

10. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I hate MARTA!!! When I HAVE to ride it, which is not often at all, I feel like cattle on their way to be slaughtered!

11. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Re:

Welcome a board!

hey jmorin,

They are just looking out for your wellfare. Guns are dangerous. You could slip in a puddle of urine left by one of our friendly urban outdoorsmen and fall causing your gun to go off. :D

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I love it when someone falls and the firearm accidently discharges 2 rounds into one person 20 feet away.

Everyone knows that unless you lock up dangerous and deadly guns, away from their ammunition, they will sprout legs and wander or just hop around the house/job/neighborhood and shoot innocent people.
    You must lock the ammo in a seperate location or the gun will load itself and shoot its way out of the safe.

Then the worst guns will make "good people" go and rob banks and stores, they have no choice once a gun makes up its mind. So if we get rid of the worst guns, we will have no more crime!!!

At least that seems to be what some liberals think anyway.