He's a bigot as well as a convicted felon

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by merlock, Nov 1, 2007.

1. merlock

merlock Active Member

Maybe this will finally make 'Dog' Chapman disappear forever...

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=281977&GT1=7703

2. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I was gonna post this once I read it as well........ he is waste of air.

3. moga

moga New Member

That show is garbage anyway. The last time I saw it while flipping through channels, one of the male team members, a son maybe, had a paint ball gun pointed in the direction of a door behind which a bail jumper was holed. The gun holder, along with DOG and his nephew, were attempting to take him into "custody." They were in the home of the bail jumper.

Even my wife, who is absolutely clueless about most things related to personal protection, commented about how absurd the tactic was. That crap may work in HI, but I'd hate to see them try it any other place. If they keep that up, somebody's gonna be in a body bag pretty soon.

The only show I watch regularly on A&E is the First 48. While the rest of the country is watching American Idol and Survivor, etc. I make sure that I'm seated with soft drink and snacks when it airs on Thursday nights.

If for nothing else, I definately know where I WON'T be taking a road trip after a couple years of watching.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Moved to OT, as this is not even arguably related to firearms in the news.

5. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

In the recording in question, he intimates that everything would be lost if someone were to make a recording of them using racial slurs. It's the ultimate irony.

6. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I think I saw part of that episode. I made the same comment, my wife told me that it shot pepper balls. I said he would be better off with a 12ga that shot the bean bags. I didn't know that he was a felon until then.

I personaly don't care what he said in a private conversation. I know that I've said things before that I regret later. If he can make a TV show that is popular, good for him. I don't watch it but I did like the South Park Hallway Monitor version.

I guess my point is who gives a crap. If some one doesn't like him or the show, change the chanel.

7. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I second the motion.

However, I do occasionally watch the show, for entertainment purposes only. It is freakin' hilarious to watch them "gear up". They can't even move with all that crap strapped on them. Yes, they carry pepper ball guns.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Do you think they would shoot my wife's chilli? It was a little mild last night. :lol:

9. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I wouldn't let her hear you say that, she might shoot the pepper straight up your nose.

10. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Or up something else!!!!! :rotfl:

11. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Um, OUCH :shock:

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Um, OUCH :shock:[/quote:yrrdnt3o]

She doesn't read the site. As long I don't go off and shoot the electric outlet.

13. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

She doesn't read the site. As long I don't go off and shoot the electric outlet.[/quote:zyzwa8ts]

Its all fun and games until somebody shoots out the ........................

14. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

.... pepper ball his wife shoved down(/up) his.....

15. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

I've often wondered how long until they try to use their "tactics" on a true hardcore felon who's holed up with some firepower.

A .45 doesn't care how "tough" you are, Dog...

16. Macktee

Macktee New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071102/ap_ ... .7TKtxFb8C

According to this news story:

Dog was talking about his son's girlfriend.

The tape was made by the son.

Who then sold it to the Enquirer!!

HONOLULU - Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman's son taped a private phone conversation in which the reality star used a racial slur repeatedly, then sold it to a tabloid for "a lot of money," Chapman's lawyer said Thursday.

"I guess because of whatever level of anger he had of his father, he felt the need to express it in that manner," attorney Brook Hart told The Associated Press.

In the conversation, Chapman urges Tucker to break up with his girlfriend. He also expresses concern about the girlfriend trying to tape and go public about the TV star's use of the N-word.

Hart said his client is not a racist and vowed never to use the word again."

Man! Can't ya just feel the love in that family?

:puke:

17. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I saw one or two episodes and they would cut the crap about loving everybody and helping everybody for the greater good.

Once a piece of crap always a piece of crap in my book!

18. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Duane "the dog" Chapman is a convicted murderer who has also been arrested many times for armed robbery. He has also been charged several times with impersonating a police officer. As a matter of fact, he used to work for his current wife (also a convicted felon), and she lost her license in part due to "the dog's" actions.

And while I am not a huge "family values" type of person, thinking that issues between a man and his wife (or partner) are their business and not mine, the fact that he has been married five times and has had children by multiple women, some of whom he was never married to, adds to my perception of him as being a reckless person. That is probably why so many of his children have had issues in their own lives, to include prison time. They were born to a reckless, irresponsible man and probably equally irresponsible women.

This latest revelation of his racism doesn't surprise me. Like many racists he tries to hide what he is and that was the reason for the phone call to his son in the first place. He didn't want it to get out that he was a racist and that he used racially deregotary language frequently.

As I said the racism claim doesn't surprise me because he and his family have shown their overall character through the many false claims they have made in the past. Probably the funniest was the one time I was watching him in an interview talking about why he doesn't carry a firearm for personal and religious reasons. I was thinking to myself, umm ... you don't carry a firearm because you are a convicted felon.

Oh well, people eat this crap reality tv show stuff up. That's probably why my tv stays mostly on discovery, the history channel and animal planet.

19. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

.....but it's like a trainwreck.......how can you look away from a man with such an impressive mullet?