Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He stated incorrectly on his radio show today that there are only three disqualifiers for buying a gun and that there should be a "red flag" law that would prevent people that have been investigated from buying a gun.
So he wants the gov't to be able to strip people that have not been arrested, convicted, etc. of their fundamental 2nd amendment protected rights just because they have been investigated. He even stated if you have been investigated once by the FBI it may be appropriate for you to be prevented from buying a gun.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
i have not listened to wsb except for rush in over 2 years. He has said a few other things anti 2a in the past and a few other things that rubbed me wrong.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
That is disappointing. I get people saying that someone that had as many red flags as this shouldn't able to purchase firearms, but it wouldn't have stopped him and how do we qualify those flags so innocent people that are falsely accused don't lose their rights?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I used to be a pretty big Herman Cain fan, but once he took over for Neal, he just...well, lost the appeal. And once he jumped on the Trumpft band wagon...well, he lost all credibility with me.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
That is disappointing. I get people saying that someone that had as many red flags as this shouldn't able to purchase firearms, but it wouldn't have stopped him and how do we qualify those flags so innocent people that are falsely accused don't lose their rights?
If it saves one life. Abortion aside, of course. :groupprotest: [/anti gun rhetoric]

Due process is there for a reason. It does seem odd that he would be given a security license with all the red flags, but if he hasn't been guilty of a crime, there may have been no reason to prevent that. I think this gets escalated because the death toll is so high, but if just 5% of the people in the club were licensed and carrying, this would have been self correcting.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
If it saves one life. Abortion aside, of course. :groupprotest: [/anti gun rhetoric]
...if just 5% of the people in the club were licensed and carrying, this would have been self correcting.
Not possible since it was a gun-free zone, "secured" by guards and metal detectors. Odd that the media seems to be missing the fact that this was a gun free zone. Politicians, on the other hand, I fully expect to jump the gun (no pun intended) and "do something" that does nothing constructive, just so they can say that they responded to the problem and solved it.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
I did a short check list of "talking points" in the other thread that are effectively off the anti's rhetoric list. This guy was practically one of the "only one's" so the media filters must be having fits. Eye witness reports indicate a full auto rifle so dogging the AR15, "assault rifle" meme will only fly for the truly ignorant. If the eye witness reports are correct.

Also, didn't he have a special "G" designation on his license(s) that allowed him to carry into special places? Apparently, they need to restrict that "G" from mass murder in upcoming legislation.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Heard the show this morning while driving back through Atlanta from a weekend of trout fishing. He was misinformed on several things and clearly doesn't understand the laws even though he stated he has a "concealed carry permit" for GA. At one point he said that FL does not issue permits?? Where did he come up with that?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
His show has become quite annoying. Kimmer on the other hand is on point. He called in from vacation to give his .02 worth during the first few minutes of the show. He pulled no stops...

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,532 Posts
The "no fly list" is unconstitutional, at least applied to citizens and lawful long-term residents here in the USA.

Any similar restrictions on gun buying or possession should also be seen as unconstitutional.

If we as a society want to strip away the rights of unpopular minority groups based on their race or religion, we have to amend the constitution. Federal laws cant' do it. Executive orders can't do it (legally, correctly). Judges can't order it. The Bill of Rights itself would have to be amended.

There's really no good way to strip Americans of their fundamental rights over those people expressing sympathy for extremist groups or movements.

If there were a way to do that, the left could use it to disarm and silence a bunch of people here on the pro-gun side, for their anti-government, anti-police, anarchist beliefs.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I like Herman, but I'm less and less impressed with his knowledge level in many areas.

Despite his claims to the contrary ("I only defend Trump because he's the one who gets attacked the most"), he's clearly been riding the Trump Train for a long time. I don't so much have a problem with that (I'll vote for him in November, but he was well down my list), but I wish he would have been upfront about it.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
His show has become quite annoying. Kimmer on the other hand is on point. He called in from vacation to give his .02 worth during the first few minutes of the show. He pulled no stops...
I agree as far as firearms are concerned.

I used to like Herman but I can't stand the show anymore. It has too many slogans, too many acronyms, and too much repetition. It really comes off as propaganda to me.

I can't believe I'm about to say "I miss Michael Graham". The tryouts for his spot have left me unimpressed. So I've been going back and listening to Cain some more but it just any good to listen to either. At least Graham was nutty which made for some entertainment at times.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,414 Posts
I just keep the radio off in the car now. The music is crap and repetitive. The talk is crap and repetitive. The ads are crap and repetitive.

On the other hand, Doug on GCO Radio is a real treat to listen to. I just listen to him on podcast.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I agree as far as firearms are concerned.

I used to like Herman but I can't stand the show anymore. It has too many slogans, too many acronyms, and too much repetition. It really comes off as propaganda to me.

I can't believe I'm about to say "I miss Michael Graham". The tryouts for his spot have left me unimpressed. So I've been going back and listening to Cain some more but it just any good to listen to either. At least Graham was nutty which made for some entertainment at times.
After graham was saying all that about the Kimmer I am glad he is gone. I wish mark stein would get a show

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Mark Stein is one of my all-time favorites!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts