Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,981 Posts
I was thinking about ranges the other day. I wish people would understand a bit better when it comes to these types of issues. I think it's kinda the same thing as when they build a YMCA across the street or on the land right next to where I might live. Now you have screaming kids all day at day care and summer camps. All kinds of yearly activities all the way through the night till 10 pm sometimes!

I know we are talking about guns and gun ranges and hearing bangs, but geez some poeple dont like hearing screaming kids and adults all day either!

I kind of like the sound of gunfire!

Just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Noise is a powerful tool when someone wants to block you or get rid of you. I used to be a member of a radio controlled flying field. We were on a flood plain next to the Chatahoochee river north of GA20. We had a swamp on one side of us, the Buford fish hatchery on another and GA 20 to the south. A sub-division moved in across the swamp and everything started going down-hill. The developer seemed decent about us being there, many of the residents would visit and a few participated. Two residents however complained and complained and filed a lawsuit in Forsyth county. We made many concessions but in the end the noise complaint was too easy for them to use and we lost. That land is for sale if you are interested, about 20 acres on the river in a flood plain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,974 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
GAGunOwner said:
I kind of like the sound of gunfire!
There's nothing like the sound of freedom in the distance.
:righton:
People think I'm weird because I actually say this when I hear gunshots that aren't fired in anger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,515 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
ptsmith24 said:
GAGunOwner said:
I kind of like the sound of gunfire!
There's nothing like the sound of freedom in the distance.
:righton:
People think I'm weird because I actually say this when I hear gunshots that aren't fired in anger.
+1
I also get irked when some folks gripe about the sonic booms from the F-15's.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,945 Posts
TonyG said:
Noise is a powerful tool when someone wants to block you or get rid of you. I used to be a member of a radio controlled flying field. We were on a flood plain next to the Chatahoochee river north of GA20. We had a swamp on one side of us, the Buford fish hatchery on another and GA 20 to the south. A sub-division moved in across the swamp and everything started going down-hill. The developer seemed decent about us being there, many of the residents would visit and a few participated. Two residents however complained and complained and filed a lawsuit in Forsyth county. We made many concessions but in the end the noise complaint was too easy for them to use and we lost. That land is for sale if you are interested, about 20 acres on the river in a flood plain.
That kinda remind me of John Wayne Airport in Orange County, CA. AFTER the airport was already there, they built multi million condos and homes on the beach nearby, directly in the flight path of incomming ande outgoing commercial jets. The home owners raised a huge stink over the noise, and now no flights are allowed before 8:00am of after 8:00 PM or so. I would have to verify the times to get them exact. My wifes flies through there frequently and hates it. Flights are required to maintain a certain altitude over the beach then must decend rapidly to the airport. Outgoing flights must climb steeply to reach the min altitude before getting over the beach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Adam5 said:
TonyG said:
Noise is a powerful tool when someone wants to block you or get rid of you. I used to be a member of a radio controlled flying field. We were on a flood plain next to the Chatahoochee river north of GA20. We had a swamp on one side of us, the Buford fish hatchery on another and GA 20 to the south. A sub-division moved in across the swamp and everything started going down-hill. The developer seemed decent about us being there, many of the residents would visit and a few participated. Two residents however complained and complained and filed a lawsuit in Forsyth county. We made many concessions but in the end the noise complaint was too easy for them to use and we lost. That land is for sale if you are interested, about 20 acres on the river in a flood plain.
That kinda remind me of John Wayne Airport in Orange County, CA. AFTER the airport was already there, they built multi million condos and homes on the beach nearby, directly in the flight path of incomming ande outgoing commercial jets. The home owners raised a huge stink over the noise, and now no flights are allowed before 8:00am of after 8:00 PM or so. I would have to verify the times to get them exact. My wifes flies through there frequently and hates it. Flights are required to maintain a certain altitude over the beach then must decend rapidly to the airport. Outgoing flights must climb steeply to reach the min altitude before getting over the beach.
It's California. That's to be expected. No logic.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top