Here I be!!!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by ~Lav~, May 11, 2007.

1. ~Lav~

~Lav~ New Member

Well not sure how often I'll get over here but I've already been lurkin a plenty so guess I best intro myself! I'm Lav. Have a here n there hx w/firearms. I was in Army ROTC for over a year and have done lots of the usual backyard plinking. Have a S & W .357 mag (2" and 4" barrel) and a Colt .45 70 series. I figured it is time for some formal training so next weekend I will be going through an all day course (w/ some unarmed self defense thrown in) taught by my friend, a Navy and POST certified firearms instructor. I am soooo excited and ultimately my goal is to acquire a Glock 22 or 23 but it sure would also be nice to get a Sig P229 as well!!! Then I hope to attend a USPSA camp this Sept or next year.

I live near Athens and am a Georgia native. Although I work inside for a living (dental hygienist), I adore being outdoors and being in touch with my tomboy self!!!! LOL

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Another shooting chick from the Athens area....

...and a glock fan as well?

What the heck are they putting in the water up there?!

Oh well, welcome aboard anyhow... :wink:

3. ~Lav~

~Lav~ New Member

Hmmm...USMC - Retired, so I take it Glocks are not on your list of faves huh??? LOL Well thanks for the welcome anyway....I have been salivating over your lil raffle as well!!!
    :lol:

4. USMC - Retired

Still have some tickets available. Get some friends togegther and buy four or ten at a time to save some $.... :D

You and GlockGirl should gt along great.... both of you like water pistols and admit to being tomboys...

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Welcome!!!

Theres nothing wrong with drinking your Glockalaid!!! USMC-R is just upset. He wishes his Kimber was as reliable as a Glock. 8)

6. USMC - Retired

:lol: You owe me a keyboard, I just spit beer all over this one! :lol:

7. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

:welcome: Listen ~Lav~ pay no attention to USMC-R. He has no class! I have a Glock 23 and you will love it. I will tell you a secret, but promise me you will not tell anyone okay? USMC-R is a little slow if you know what I mean. :lol: More later.

8. ~Lav~

~Lav~ New Member

Hmmmm...Glockalaid??? Sounds good !! Maybe better than the beer I'm drinking right now and yes...I thoroughly enjoy getting intouch with my tomboy self although if you met me you would never guess it!!! LOL

Since my friend is a veteran cop and major Glock fan it is what I really have my lil firearm craving for. Yeah I have read many great posts by GlockGirl and hope to have a chat or 2 w/her!!

GeorgiaGlocker~shhhh..don't worry...your secret is safe w/meeeeee!!! lol

9. USMC - Retired

Getting advice on firearms from a Gym Teacher (not naming any names here) is like getting advice on cars from Lance Armstrong.... :lol:

10. ~Lav~

~Lav~ New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Whooo hoooo.....Lance Armstrong?? OMG now that is getting down and outright nasty!!! Too damn funny!!! (well maybe not to whom you are referring!! LOL)

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You'll learn rather quickly that we rag on each other, like only true friends can. :D

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

My teeth hurt just thinking about it.

13. tony218

tony218 New Member

welcome, and remember

S&W M&P 9MM
    PERFECTING
    PERFECTION

R.I.P. GLOCK

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO ~Lav~!

And yes...give in to the Glock.....join the dark side :D

15. ~Lav~

~Lav~ New Member

My teeth hurt just thinking about it.[/quote:2uk2ko8g]

:lol: Awwww...I'm very very gentle though...they wouldn't hurt w/meeeee!!!!!.....elsewhere I am visciously competitive and thus why I think I would thoroughly enjoy getting involved with USPSA. Have a ways to go yet though so nice to be here amongst such friendly (and competitive I see!! LOL) and knowledgeable folk!!!

16. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

:welcome:

In the end it does not matter what you shoot just shoot.

17. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

well sorry I haven't stopped in sooner...

welcome fellow glock toting chick from the athens area :)

don't tell the glock faithful but I think I am falling in love with an XD....

if you ever want to have a girls night out shooting PM me... As many of the guys on here can confirm I like shooting but ain't that good at it :)

18. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Almost forgot check out GCO and join if the water is right.

GG,
    XD or M&P both very nice.