Henry County

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by Kzadeun, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Kzadeun

Kzadeun Guest

application turned in march 12th. checked mail today and guess what was in the mail. yeay! they got a fingerprint scanner in the probates court now. very fast. sweet!

2. Dadx4

Dadx4 Member

Gee, isn't it interesting how some counties don't seem to be held up by the so-called delay in getting background checks back from GBI??

Kinda makes DeKalb, Fulton, etc. excuses look a bit lame.

Why am I not suprised??? :banghead:

3. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Was this first time or renewal (not that it should make any difference any more)?

4. Kzadeun

Kzadeun Guest

this was my first time. had i gone a week earlier i would have had to goto the sherrif's for finger printing. but they had just gotten the new scanner in the probates. that might of helped. they did ask for my social. i realised i filled that part out as i was driving home that day. the lady said that some people dont fill it ou but it helps get things done faster. they were really nice. i probably shouldnt have filled out my social but there is nothing i can do about it now. i dont rember seeing the * that said it was optional either. yet seeing as how it only took two weeks im not complaining.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That is a lie.

But congratulations on getting your license so quickly!

6. Congrats! :shock: Very quick indeed. Yes, they did lie about your SSN.

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

You are very lucky. It took Carroll County well over 90 days for me IIRC.

8. Kzadeun

Kzadeun Guest

as a side note

my buddy applied at the same time as i did and he got his the next day in the mail. i dont know much about my judge but for that alone i think ill vote for her when the next election comes.

9. Taler

Taler New Member

Re: as a side note

Would you confirm that please Kzadeun? I can't believe my eyes.

10. choppahead

choppahead Guest

Thats amazing. I applied in Henry Co. on Dec.1 and have still received nothing. When I called last week I was told "the reports just came in and were on the judges desk. You should hear something in a couple weeks" :roll:

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That is a cool avatar, choppahead!

So, you are going into month 5, when it should have been issued in month 2? Have you obtained your ORI number from the list available here and checked on the dates your fingerprints were submitted to GCIC and returned?

Click on search, above, and type in "ORI." You will get all sorts of neat results. Use right click to open each one in a new window so you do not have to renew the search every time.

12. choppahead

choppahead Guest

Well.... Shortly after my last post the mail arrived and what do you think was in there!! Well, not my GFL :censored:. Instead there was a very interesting letter which in short stated, "You may be ineligible to receive a firearms license even though you are not prohibited" :?: This just keeps getting more and more interesting. I have been in contact with JRM at GCO and he has been very helpful. Hopefully we will be able to get to the bottom of this shortly.

13. choppahead

choppahead Guest

Please elaborate

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Just trying to think what "You may be ineligible to receive a firearms license even though you are not prohibited" could be.

15. choppahead

choppahead Guest

We cant figure that out either. I've talked to the clerk at the probate court and she will not elaborate other than to say that it is my burden to prove Im eligible, and I need to have a hearing in front of the judge. But she will not tell me what is being questioned.

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That's interesting... Let us know how it goes when you find out more information.

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

We are a shall issue state. THEY have to prove you are ineligible. If she says otherwise tell her that their asses will be sued if they try to pull that BS.

18. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I think you meant shall. :wink: