Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
application turned in march 12th. checked mail today and guess what was in the mail. yeay! they got a fingerprint scanner in the probates court now. very fast. sweet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Gee, isn't it interesting how some counties don't seem to be held up by the so-called delay in getting background checks back from GBI??

Kinda makes DeKalb, Fulton, etc. excuses look a bit lame.

Why am I not suprised??? :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this was my first time. had i gone a week earlier i would have had to goto the sherrif's for finger printing. but they had just gotten the new scanner in the probates. that might of helped. they did ask for my social. i realised i filled that part out as i was driving home that day. the lady said that some people dont fill it ou but it helps get things done faster. they were really nice. i probably shouldnt have filled out my social but there is nothing i can do about it now. i dont rember seeing the * that said it was optional either. yet seeing as how it only took two weeks im not complaining.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,872 Posts
Kzadeun said:
They did ask for my social. . . . The lady said that some people dont fill it out but it helps get things done faster.
That is a lie.

But congratulations on getting your license so quickly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as a side note

my buddy applied at the same time as i did and he got his the next day in the mail. i dont know much about my judge but for that alone i think ill vote for her when the next election comes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Kzadeun said:
application turned in march 12th. checked mail today and guess what was in the mail. yeay! they got a fingerprint scanner in the probates court now. very fast. sweet!
Thats amazing. I applied in Henry Co. on Dec.1 and have still received nothing. When I called last week I was told "the reports just came in and were on the judges desk. You should hear something in a couple weeks" :roll:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,872 Posts
choppahead said:
Kzadeun said:
application turned in march 12th. checked mail today and guess what was in the mail. yeay! they got a fingerprint scanner in the probates court now. very fast. sweet!
Thats amazing. I applied in Henry Co. on Dec.1 and have still received nothing. When I called last week I was told "the reports just came in and were on the judges desk. You should hear something in a couple weeks" :roll:
That is a cool avatar, choppahead!

So, you are going into month 5, when it should have been issued in month 2? Have you obtained your ORI number from the list available here and checked on the dates your fingerprints were submitted to GCIC and returned?

Click on search, above, and type in "ORI." You will get all sorts of neat results. Use right click to open each one in a new window so you do not have to renew the search every time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
choppahead said:
Kzadeun said:
application turned in march 12th. checked mail today and guess what was in the mail. yeay! they got a fingerprint scanner in the probates court now. very fast. sweet!
Thats amazing. I applied in Henry Co. on Dec.1 and have still received nothing. When I called last week I was told "the reports just came in and were on the judges desk. You should hear something in a couple weeks" :roll:
That is a cool avatar, choppahead!

So, you are going into month 5, when it should have been issued in month 2? Have you obtained your ORI number from the list available here and checked on the dates your fingerprints were submitted to GCIC and returned?

Click on search, above, and type in "ORI." You will get all sorts of neat results. Use right click to open each one in a new window so you do not have to renew the search every time.
Well.... Shortly after my last post the mail arrived and what do you think was in there!! Well, not my GFL :censored:. Instead there was a very interesting letter which in short stated, "You may be ineligible to receive a firearms license even though you are not prohibited" :?: This just keeps getting more and more interesting. I have been in contact with JRM at GCO and he has been very helpful. Hopefully we will be able to get to the bottom of this shortly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Rammstein said:
choppahead said:
Rammstein said:
Please elaborate
Just trying to think what "You may be ineligible to receive a firearms license even though you are not prohibited" could be.
We cant figure that out either. I've talked to the clerk at the probate court and she will not elaborate other than to say that it is my burden to prove Im eligible, and I need to have a hearing in front of the judge. But she will not tell me what is being questioned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
We are a shall issue state. THEY have to prove you are ineligible. If she says otherwise tell her that their asses will be sued if they try to pull that BS.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,460 Posts
Rammstein said:
We are a may issue state. THEY have to prove you are ineligible. If she says otherwise tell her that their asses will be sued if they try to pull that BS.
I think you meant shall. :wink:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top