Henry County noob delurking off the starboard bow...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by ThetaReactor, Aug 7, 2007.

1. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

I figure it's time I speak up. I'm a young and relatively inexperienced gun-nut from just outside the perimeter. Been hoarding guns for just a couple years now [only up to 7, but ask me again in a couple weeks]. I finally got around to applying for my GFL last week, and I'm muddling through the paperwork for a C&R at the moment.

For the record:

The Henry County Probate Court is no longer on Lawrenceville St. It's on Sims St., a block away. There's no need for a money order, as you can pay the full $39 in cash. The clerk looked slightly annoyed when I pulled out the MO. Also, fingerprinting is done on the premises, via digital scanner. Just one finger of ink for the license itself.

Anyhow, I spent a couple pleasurable hours at Charlie Elliot on saturday. I like it more than the indoor ranges I frequent. A bit more laid back, with more sunshine and less noise. I noticed a distinct lack of homeboys with Glocks, as well. Took a couple gun-virgins out there and ripped through a few hundred rounds, and much fun was had by all.

Guns of interest:

Glock 21, .45ACP: My first. Big, comfy, incredibly easy to shoot. Knock-around gun- what does manage to scratch it does nothing to detract from already boring looks.

Interarms Virginian Dragoon, .44Mag: Therapy gun. I can be Dirty Harry and The Man With No Name all at once.

Kel-Tec PF-9, 9mm: Mousegun extraordinaire. Slightly nasty recoil.

FN Hi-Power SFS, .40S&W: My Blued Belgian Baby. I've promised her a set of Spegel grips this year.

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:wave: The C&R application is pretty straightforward. There isn't a lot to do for it.

5. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

6. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Make sure you treat that Hi-Power well.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Henry County, huh? :D Did you see THIS?

8. Malum Prohibitum

That's weird.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Same thing for me. I had all fingers done digitally. Then my trigger finger in ink for the actual license...Do other counties use the digital print to print onto the license or something?

10. Malum Prohibitum

Other counties use the local law enforcement agency.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Oh, you were referring to the location. I see.

12. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Not all other. In Lee County the probate clerk does it all. 20 minutes in and out.

13. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

I did. As soon as I signed in at the desk for a weapons permit [their words], I was handed a document regarding SSN disclosure. I checked the "decline" box, signed it, and gave it back.

The fingerprinting was done by a deputy, though, not just a clerk.

14. Malum Prohibitum

We need a copy of that document . . .

15. Wiley

Wiley New Member

See, as soon as you speak up the TIE puts you to work! :D

:welcome:

16. Sharky

Sharky New Member