Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure it's time I speak up. I'm a young and relatively inexperienced gun-nut from just outside the perimeter. Been hoarding guns for just a couple years now [only up to 7, but ask me again in a couple weeks]. I finally got around to applying for my GFL last week, and I'm muddling through the paperwork for a C&R at the moment.

For the record:

The Henry County Probate Court is no longer on Lawrenceville St. It's on Sims St., a block away. There's no need for a money order, as you can pay the full $39 in cash. The clerk looked slightly annoyed when I pulled out the MO. Also, fingerprinting is done on the premises, via digital scanner. Just one finger of ink for the license itself.

Anyhow, I spent a couple pleasurable hours at Charlie Elliot on saturday. I like it more than the indoor ranges I frequent. A bit more laid back, with more sunshine and less noise. I noticed a distinct lack of homeboys with Glocks, as well. Took a couple gun-virgins out there and ripped through a few hundred rounds, and much fun was had by all.

Guns of interest:

Glock 21, .45ACP: My first. Big, comfy, incredibly easy to shoot. Knock-around gun- what does manage to scratch it does nothing to detract from already boring looks.

Interarms Virginian Dragoon, .44Mag: Therapy gun. I can be Dirty Harry and The Man With No Name all at once.

Kel-Tec PF-9, 9mm: Mousegun extraordinaire. Slightly nasty recoil.

FN Hi-Power SFS, .40S&W: My Blued Belgian Baby. I've promised her a set of Spegel grips this year.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
:welcome:

·
Romans 10:13
4,651 Posts
:welcome:

·
69,784 Posts
ThetaReactor said:
Also, fingerprinting is done on the premises, via digital scanner. Just one finger of ink for the license itself.
That's weird.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
ThetaReactor said:
Also, fingerprinting is done on the premises, via digital scanner. Just one finger of ink for the license itself.
That's weird.
Same thing for me. I had all fingers done digitally. Then my trigger finger in ink for the actual license...Do other counties use the digital print to print onto the license or something?

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Other counties use the local law enforcement agency.
Not all other. In Lee County the probate clerk does it all. 20 minutes in and out.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Henry County, huh? :D Did you see THIS?
I did. As soon as I signed in at the desk for a weapons permit [their words], I was handed a document regarding SSN disclosure. I checked the "decline" box, signed it, and gave it back.

The fingerprinting was done by a deputy, though, not just a clerk.

·
69,784 Posts
ThetaReactor said:
As soon as I signed in at the desk for a weapons permit [their words], I was handed a document regarding SSN disclosure. I checked the "decline" box, signed it, and gave it back.
We need a copy of that document . . .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts