Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a .gif image that I want to use for an avatar, but don't have the software to resize the image from 160pixelx x 160pixels to 100x100 can someone resize it if I send it to you?

Thanks

Adam

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I do it there, it resizes the box, but cuts out most of the image.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,447 Posts
doesn't work

no matter whether I use the diagonal arrow in the lower right corner, or the pull-down menu under "image" which lets you set the actual height and width sizes in whatever units you want, like pixels, the result is the same. The box around the picture shrinks toward the upper left corner, eliminating all of the image except that corner. So if I were resizing the image of a handgun with the grip down, the muzzle right, and the hammer left, the only part of the picture left after resizing is the hammer, the rear sight, and a bit of the frame above the grip panel.

This is in "PAINT" by the way.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Re: doesn't work

gunsmoker said:
no matter whether I use the diagonal arrow in the lower right corner, or the pull-down menu under "image" which lets you set the actual height and width sizes in whatever units you want, like pixels, the result is the same. The box around the picture shrinks toward the upper left corner, eliminating all of the image except that corner. So if I were resizing the image of a handgun with the grip down, the muzzle right, and the hammer left, the only part of the picture left after resizing is the hammer, the rear sight, and a bit of the frame above the grip panel.

This is in "PAINT" by the way.
Not for me. Corner drag boxes cut off the picture and resize using a percentage keeps the entire image...

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
budder said:
gsusnake said:
I like theGIMP, myself.
For resizing images? That's like using a 20mm on a squirrel.
I use it for everything, so it also works for resizing images.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts