Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
Perhaps a mistake in the product they actually shipped. I have a lot of experience with Midway adn their customer service is top notch. Give them a call and see if they can resolve the issue for you.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,314 Posts
what did the box or package for the scope rings say?
Maybe they sent you 30mm rings instead of one inch rings?
If you have a ruler, you could measure them. Maybe the factory packaged them wrong.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gunsmoker said:
what did the box or package for the scope rings say?
Maybe they sent you 30mm rings instead of one inch rings?
If you have a ruler, you could measure them. Maybe the factory packaged them wrong.
ROFL!!!!

I wake up this morning and look at the plastic wrapping and sure enough... "30mm"

Sent me the wrong rings :shattered:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
See if they can send you another scope with a 30mm tube. :D

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
mygunstoo said:
See if they can send you another scope with a 30mm tube. :D
Heck yeah! I'd much rather have a 30mm tube anyday. :D

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
If you can afford it just get them to sell you the 1'' rings at a discount and keep the 30mm. With the rifle you are building sooner or later you will want to upgrade the glass anyway.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to send the 30mm rings back anyhow, I discovered a huge chip in the underside upon further inspection.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Midway is going to refund the original shipping charges and waive the shipping on the correct item being sent out.

Granted thats only a couple of dollars its nice for them to tell me that without having to ask.

Great business as usual with an awesome company. :righton:

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
DJGibb said:
Midway is going to refund the original shipping charges and waive the shipping on the correct item being sent out.

Granted thats only a couple of dollars its nice for them to tell me that without having to ask.

Great business as usual with an awesome company. :righton:
Yep...Midway owns up to their mistakes. They will even work with you if it's your mistake.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
seajay said:
If you can afford it just get them to sell you the 1'' rings at a discount and keep the 30mm. With the rifle you are building sooner or later you will want to upgrade the glass anyway.
Even though this post comes after DJ's reply... DJ, skip any extra accessories you have been looking at if you haven't bought them already, what you have is good enough already, except if they are actual "improve your MOA" accessories, and save, save, save for better glass. You're pretty much GTG to start that bad boy off after Midway fixes their mistake (I've personally ordered from Midway a bunch of times and they've never messed up. Glad to hear they are making it right..... even though I was already sure they would. Larry Potterfield and family are good people. They just gave a million bucks away. http://www.ammoland.com/2010/10/13/potterfields-donate-1-million-to-national-wild-turkey-foundation/ )

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yea - besides extra magazines I didn't really have anything else planned. Except a better scope when tax season rolls around. :righton:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts