Help with Christmas gift

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by JiG, Dec 14, 2016.

1. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

I can look around and find something, but I would like to find something on sale and is a bargain for the price limit I have.

40 bucks. Looking for either a knife (fixed or folder) or a LED flashlight. Anyone know where to find a good deal on either? I prefer brick and mortar and not the internet. I just want to go in, buy it, bring it home, wrap it, and be done.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

2. gtmatt

gtmatt Member

JiG, Lowe's sells some pretty bright Coast LED flashlights at or under that price point. The one I have keeps getting stolen by my wife or kids because it is the brightest one we have. I have been happy with the three different Coast LED lights I have. It's a little drive over there for you but I think you are used to that.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Most cheap ($30 or less) LED flashlights suck.
    THey're not rugged, nor reliable.
    The good ones are out of your budget (and I won't pay that much, either).
    In for answers. I've gone through about 4 of them over the last several years.

4. gtmatt

gtmatt Member

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Try Lowe's and Home Depot. Check out the Coast brand flashlight. I have a PX25 that has even been underwater several time and still no issues 400' range on the beam and very durable. Battery life is about 6 hours if you leave it on with Energizers and about 4 with Duracell. Lowe's has a 410 Lumens on sale for $19.97 through end of day today. Regular price is $39.97. This is not the PX25.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Coast-410-Lumens-Led-Handheld-Battery-Flashlight-Battery-Included/50159045

6. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Looks lie Gtmatt beat me to the Coast suggestion.

They are also made in the USA. Or when I bought mine they were. I've had it about 8 years now.

7. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

It's not really a B&M but 4Sevens in located in Kennesaw and has some neat lights and it'll arrive within one or two days. I just picked up a couple of their new Mini MK2's that are very impressive lights.

8. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Thanks matt and wegahe!

I picked up the flashlight. It seems pretty good for the price. I almost bought myself one but I had to remind myself how many flashlights I already have.

And since it was on sale for 20.00 instead of its regular price of 40.00, I was able to pick up a CRKT folder as well. So I kept the price I was "mandated" to spend and was able to get both items requested.

Thanks again, that's the kind of bargain I was looking for!

9. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Welcome...

...glad to have been of some help...

10. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

People helping people. I concur on this, 20 dollars for that good of a flashlight is a steal. I can always use a new one, as size and shape make for different things. I use my flashlight almost daily for something and having one on you all the times will save your life when something goes wrong like losing your keys in complete dark in brush, it is a quick life saver.

11. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

At $20 I'll throw them in bags, glove boxes, etc.

Bought 3 thanks