Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A suggestion for helping folks with their full-time life on the forum and cutting down on the repeated themes from a few constant posters:

Limit posts to 5 per day or 77 per month, which ever comes first. Enforce a 10 minute break between successive posts from the same person.

also

Encourage posters to do creative posts rather than cut and paste from 3rd party sites. We know how to get our own RSA feeds or visit our favorite news or advocate sites.

·
69,784 Posts
Limiting me in that way would make me so much more productive at work. :)

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
5 per week

I think a limit of 5 posts a week would make this place a lot more informative, and less hostile, full of drama and histrionics.
The trouble is, some people regularly post more than 5 perfectly helpful and on-topic posts per week.
We'd have to censor them in order to deal with the trouble-makers who want to turn GeorgiaPacking.Org into their own little blog (since they know they can't actually have their own blogs, because nobody would ever visit them there, so they have to come here to make asses of themselves where they can have an audience, most often an unwilling audience).

·
American
3,289 Posts
Such limits invariably kill fora. Selective moderation works, even when it takes excessive time.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Enable the infraction system. Problems will resolve themselves.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
You mean a moderator could push a button on a post and it would automatically record an infraction?

After a certain number of these (only the owner would know how many it would take, and have it set), you automatically get banned hitting the threshold number.

A good system? Discussion please. :)

Enable the infraction system. Problems will resolve themselves.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,526 Posts
Actually, if all Trump, Clinton, election, and related posts went into one thread, that would solve a lot of problems.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
You mean a moderator could push a button on a post and it would automatically record an infraction?

After a certain number of these (only the owner would know how many it would take, and have it set), you automatically get banned hitting the threshold number.

A good system? Discussion please. :)
It works like traffic tickets. Different undesirable behaviors have preset penalty points. As time passes, points fall off. Accumulate too many, get an automatic temp ban. Each successive temp ban gets longer, and at some point t-->Infinity.

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/acp_users_userinfractions_intro

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
A suggestion for helping folks with their full-time life on the forum and cutting down on the repeated themes from a few constant posters:

Limit posts to 5 per day or 77 per month, which ever comes first. Enforce a 10 minute break between successive posts from the same person.

also

Encourage posters to do creative posts rather than cut and paste from 3rd party sites. We know how to get our own RSA feeds or visit our favorite news or advocate sites.
I also think we should censor words such as "bwahahahaha"

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Actually, if all Trump, Clinton, election, and related posts went into one thread, that would solve a lot of problems.
Ten pounds of sh*t into a five pound bag. :panic:

·
Registered
14,956 Posts

also

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
This x1000. I have my page set to show new posts when opening, and there are simply WAY too many election threads. In addition to blocking users, it would be great to block words or phrases, such as, "Clinton, Hitlary, Trump, Trumft, You're stupid, read what I wrote, you're so dumb, troll"...

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Irony: Posting a complaint about too many parallel threads in the *second* "What is wrong with the forum" thread. :lol:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Irony: Posting a complaint about too many parallel threads in the *second* "What is wrong with the forum" thread. :lol:
If that is directed at me, I would like to point out that I haven't created ANY of the presidential -or- this "subject" threads.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
It wasn't directed at anyone. I just found it humorous.

·
:) :) :)
12,566 Posts
Add the term "Cognitive Dissonance" and "Statist" to the same filter as curse words.

That would be entertaining for a while.

Can't really claim censorship on a private forum. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts