Hello. I need a little help please!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by cubanrn, May 20, 2014.

1. cubanrn

cubanrn New Member

Hello all, my name is Jose and I'm new to the forum. I'm writing this to ask if anyone knows of an Attorney or Attorneys that help out with the process of acquiring a CWP. I have tried asking the representative of GA Packing while at Gun Shows but all I get from them is we can't refer any one attorney. I said ok no problem, Ill take your entire list but again that led me nowhere. I really could use the help of the member of this site. I want to thank you all in advanced for any help that I get. God bless and carry on.

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

3. LoneOak

LoneOak Proprietor LoneOakTerrace

If you haven't been in any trouble or convicted of a crime you don't need an attorney to get a GWL in Georgia, but if you have been JRM is the best. Simply go to the probate judges office in the county in which you live and fill out the paperwork and pay the fee. They will tell you what you have to do as far as getting fingerprinted, which is a requirement, and going through a background check.

If you are a convicted felon there is probably no chance you will get the permit so most people in that situation don't even try. If its something simple you can just keep posting here and the membership will help you greatly to answer any questions and point you in the right direction and you may not need an attorney.

Good luck with your quest to be able to better protect yourself and your family. Keep us posted and let us know if you are able to get your Georgia Weapons License.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

lawyers

Jose, JRM is the most experienced litigator here for gun-rights issues, including getting people's GFL / GWL (carry license) issued when it was wrongly denied.

Other private practice attorneys here are myself, Malum Prohibitum, Viking (I haven't seen any posts from him in a long time), and NaturalManure.

There are a couple other lawyers here who either aren't available to be hired,
    or whose normal practices areas don't include gun laws or criminal matters relating to gun carry or gun use.
    (FMlaw1, Scotchleaf, Budder, ... and a couple others).