Hello from Wilkes County

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by rejfoxtrot, Jul 14, 2007.

1. rejfoxtrot

rejfoxtrot New Member

Hi all i'm a senior at Georgia Southern, had a friend show me this website a few days ago. Looking to apply for my carry permit but was wondering about which county would be best to apply in. I'm from Wilkes county and I guess you can say my residence (parents house) is there but i'm always in statesboro, bulloch county. Is it ok to just apply in bulloch or would that not me a good idea?

For my 21st my Dad, former captain in the Marines, gave me a 1911 Colt .45 ACP back in February. My Dad is a taxidermist now and garnished the wages of the current Sheriff in wilkes county because he wouldn't pay for a fish. Not that I really care I just don't want to fool with any trouble if I go to the sheriff's office in wilkes county.

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Welcome!

There are several others of us at GSU. I think we're gonna have to hit up a range sometime soon.

As far as where to apply for the license, I dunno. I recently changed my permanent address to Statesboro, so I did it here. I do know that the probate court is very efficient and friendly.

Stick around and post some more.

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Howdy.

I sure hope that all of you Georgia Southern guys will always remember that a Valdosta State guy had to be brought in to fix your football. :)

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO rejfoxtrot!

I go to GSU too. I'll second what gsusnake said...we gotta hit up a range. [I know a place in the backwoods that works.]

If you are not a resident of Bulloch county then you will not be able to apply there. You're gonna have to apply in Wilkes.

5. gsusnake

Hey, I'm looking forward to the Hatch Attack.

From what I saw at the Blue and White game, it's gonna be a force to be reckoned with. Hatcher seems to know football a whole lot better than that :censored: from UGA we had last did.

Erk Russell R.I.P.

6. rejfoxtrot

rejfoxtrot New Member

Alrighty guess i'll apply at home when I get a chance. Cool site, lot of interesting stories. Wasn't aware of all the do's and dont's of carrying. I've been shooting rifles since I was 9 and my furthest shot was a Cape Hartebeest at 290 yards. Right now i'm lucky to get all my shots on the paper at 25 yards with my colt. Its totally different, hard to get bone support....maybe you fellas can teach me some things if we get a chance and go shooting sometime.

oh and

HAIL SOUTHERN!! :p

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

8. gsusnake

Wave the Blue, wave the White

Hold the banner high

The Eagles are on the wing!

Sound the cry, to the sky

As we look for glory

Victory now we sing.

Hail the Blue, hail the White

Hail the team that's soaring

Upward to bring us fame!

Georgia Southern "Eagles"

Fight on to Victory and Win this game.

Blue and White, Fight, Fight!

Blue and White, Fight, Fight!

Georgia Southern Eagles,

Fight, Fight, Fight!

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I'm sort of at GSU. I go to all the football games, which is all that really matters. :wink:

I'm from the Atlanta area but I changed my residency to Statesboro (cheaper insurance/tag/ad valorem). Took 5 weeks in Bulloch with actually decent people to work with. As others have said, you'll have to apply where your residency is.

:welcome:

Ramm, where is this backwoods place you speak of?

10. ber950

ber950 Active Member

:welcome: You will need to apply in the county on your Georgia drivers license. Next to the issue date is a 3 digit code that identifies your county.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

301 bypass north.

take a right at 301.

past a bridge on the right.

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

The only time I've been up there is driving to the driver's license place, sheriff's office, and driving around near the airport...is it past the airport? and is it an actual range or just some land you found? i know there's a gun club or something in statesboro, can't remember exactly where though.

13. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Just poking fun with you GaSou guys. My father-in-law is a GSU grad as are a couple of my wife's first cousins. I have a distant cousin by marriage that played ball there and was an All-American under Erk. We came very close to going there, but the now wife liked the nursing program at VSU better.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Was this on the Cape, or somewhere else?

15. rejfoxtrot

rejfoxtrot New Member

16. gsusnake

Actually, that wasn't a problem for me. I applied for and received my GFL in March, and had not changed the address on my DL until a few days ago.

I just had to have a utility bill and other state issued ID (fishing license with my address written on there by me) to prove residency here.

17. gsusnake

Supposedly it's across the street from the hospital, somewhere behind Hawthorne, but I don't know where.

I'm gonna get around to calling them one of these days and find out.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I changed my driver's license and applied for my GFL on the same day. :righton: Heck of a birthday present for myself.