Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Hello from White County

2K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  HannitizedRushBaby 
#1 ·
I just found my way to your site, i gotta say, i really like it. Expect me to post a bit!

A big hello to everyone.

#16 ·
Wow! That's the best welcome from a forum i've ever seen! Thanks guys!

budder said:
Is a JiG a variant of a MiG?
Nah. It's just a simplification of a name i've used on other forums. Stands for Jay in Georgia.

RepeatDefender said:
Howdy Jig, I love the mountains of White Co. My family and I vacation there. I bought a gun from Smoky Mountain Trader in Cleveland back in 2004.

Welcome to the board! :D
I drive by Smoky Mountain Trader all the time. Haven't been in there yet because my neighbor tells me they are expensive. I tend to do biz down at 400 Jewelry and Pawn in Dawsonville. Right behind the McDs. They have the best prices i've found and a great selection of arms and ammo. Next time on the way up, stop by and check em out, if only to go in and see what they've got. They're nice and friendly too!

#17 ·
howdy, i got a friend that has family up thar in dim hills.
her last name is WHITE her family still own most of
white's mountian.
am looking forward to your input on the board :welcome:

#21 ·
HannitizedRushBaby said:
Welcome, JiG!!!!

My aunt and uncle live in Cleveland. It's such a beautiful area!!
Go visit your aunt and uncle..... just for an excuse to come an hang out with me. I've got my own shooting range. You are welcome to come anytime, just holler.

I'm smack dab in between cleveland, helen, and dahlonega. Out in the middle of nowhere.... just where i wanted to be.

I love this place. I moved up here last year from Smyrna. It truly is a beautiful area. I pinch myself everyday when i get up and drive out to work. I still can't believe i live in such a beautiful area. The folks here are great. My one experience OC with a cop... he never said anything. I've had the cops called on me for shooting multiple times, but the cops have only showed up twice. Last time he was up, he mentioned getting previous calls for shooting but he never bothered to check them out. What a paradise out here!

The two times they have showed up, they pretty much said "I'm not going to stop you from shooting". Which is ultra cool. That's why i moved here. So i could shoot til my heart's content.

I never expected, though, that my 2 gun collection would grow to 10 within one year. Even further, i never thought i'd be reloading my own ammo. But i do now. I got my GFL a week ago and have been CCing daily. It truly has been a life-changing experience for this city boy to move to the country. I love it.

#25 ·
JiG said:
Go visit your aunt and uncle..... just for an excuse to come an hang out with me. I've got my own shooting range. You are welcome to come anytime, just holler.
I'm just now catching up on this weekend's postings. Thanks for the offer! Sounds like you've got a nice place where neighbors can't bug ya too much. *sigh* I wish I lived on a lot of land. My neighborhood is being invaded by college kids. I guess I'd be classified as a "college kid" myself since I'm only 21... but I've lived here for 20 years. It's a neighborhood not fraternity row!

Anyway, I'm sure that it's a nice change from Smyrna. I'll keep your offer in mind whenever I make my way up to Cleveland again. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.