Hello from West GA

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Peach, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Peach

Peach New Member

I'm pretty new to guns. Shot my dad's shotgun a few times and things like that but a couple of months ago I was in a situation that made me afraid of not being able to defend myself (not much of a big deal just worried about a drug addict that was pretty unhappy after I called the cops on him for stealing from my purse - this guy knew when I was at work alone and what time I closed the store)... So I bought a handgun and took a class at the shooting range to learn about it and how to use it. I've been practicing with it and got my carry license a couple of weeks ago. Now I don't leave the house without my S&W Bodyguard.

I like to be as informed as possible and this place seems like a fun place to ask questions and have conversations. So hey from West GA :righton:

2. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

Welcome! And congratulations on becoming personally invested in your own protection. There are lots more women carrying these days, and I think that's great.

Peach likes this.

3. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Hi Peach, welcome to the forum from South of Atlanta. For the most part, this is a great place to ask questions and learn.

Peach likes this.
  4. Bill-Columbus

Bill-Columbus Senior Member

Welcome from Columbus.

Peach likes this.
  5. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

Welcome! Be forewarned - we have a pretty high ratio of grumpy old men here, but the information's still pretty good!

Peach likes this.
  6. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

Practice alot with that bodyguard. My experience is it has a pretty tricky trigger.

7. Peach

Peach New Member

I've got some experience dealing with grumpy old men so maybe it'll be alright! LOL
    I'm really digging it so far. It's the .380, seems really smooth. Only problem I had was getting a grip cause it's so small but the extra clip is a bit longer and makes it much easier.

8. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Don't be jealous. You'll get your turn soon. :lol:

Adam5 and Peach like this.
  9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Hey Hey remember he is behind me a couple slots. I have at least a few clicks on the old stick and much more in my grump bucket.

Nemo :cool:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Peach likes this.
  10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Did they catch the lowlife who stole your purse?

Peach likes this.
  11. Peach

Peach New Member

Apparently they were already looking for him because he had warrants and they did finally catch him a couple of weeks later. According to the Douglas County jail website, he's still there and the judge denied bond. I imagine he'll be doing some time in prison soon.

12. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

Oh, I'm there. I just don't let him out to play very often.

13. Mstr-Chris

Mstr-Chris Well-Known Member

Hello from W GA. Glad they caught the guy.

Peach likes this.
  14. Peach

Peach New Member

Me too :)

15. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Welcome Aboard.

Peach likes this.