Hello from Ware County

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by SamTay04, Oct 21, 2007.

1. SamTay04

SamTay04 New Member

I do not actually have my GFL yet though :( . Today was 82 days since doing my fingerprints.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

3. SamTay04

SamTay04 New Member

Thanks for the info. I havent called anyone yet. I E-mailed a guy at the Sheriff's office Friday, and he gave me someones number and told me to call and talk to them. I was planning on calling that person Monday morning.

I applied on a Friday and did the fingerprints the following Tuesday.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That's interesting... not sure if the 60 days starts from fingerprinting or application. I mean, it's so close here that 60 days has passed on both dates. So, keep us updated. You should also join GCO (http://www.georgiacarry.org) to eliminate such nonsense as long wait times for your GFL.

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-129 (4)

I believe the 60 days counts every day (including weekends, holidays, etc.), as it does not specify business days, etc.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Hello

I used to live near Waycross. I like the range down at the Okefenokee swamp park-- they have two ranges, really, one for 100 yards for rifles and another that goes to 25 yards for pistols and shotguns (slugs only, per the rules, but that makes no sense to me). I hope you don't have to wait too long for your permit. Law enforcement folks are pretty pro-gun down there, although concealed carry on your person is still a pretty "out there" and unusual practice.

6. SamTay04

SamTay04 New Member

Yeah, I used to go to the range at the Swamp Park quite a bit but recently I've just been going to some private land near Dixie Union.

7. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I agree with pt, if they go over the 60 days with no good reason (back ground checks) GCO can help.

Also :welcome:

8. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I agree with pt, if they go over the 60 days with no good reason (back ground checks) GCO can help.

Also :welcome:

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Background checks aren't even a good reason. Just because SCOGA thinks they are doesn't mean that the law is written that way.

10. cripple

cripple New Member

howdy and welcome

11. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

+1