Hello from the cold north

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by notamasshole, Feb 15, 2007.

1. notamasshole

notamasshole New Member

I live in RI and have a potential job in Georgia. looks like you guys have a nice site here. Although I must say compared to RI GA is a poor state for carry.

2. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

The perception is the exact opposite. Most people who don't carry here think that GA's laws are just so great for carry. The strange thing is that most people here think that all of these restrictions are just normal when in reality they are way more restrictive than the vast majority of states. I still think GA is the worst of the "shall issue" states and also worse than the "may issue" states if you can get the license.

Most people don't even know all of these off-limits places, they just carry.
    It takes months of reading this board to really know the full scope of GA's off-limits areas.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Even the police don't know.

4. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

That's the scary part. :shock:

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I agree, it is one thing for citizens to not know and carry. It is worse that Firearm Dealers do not know carry laws when selling a firearm to someone who wants to carry.

It is frightening that a large number of LEOs dont even know the law.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Like the gun shop commando that tried to tell me open carry was illegal in Georgia....LOL

7. Malum Prohibitum

It scary when LEOs think a place is off limits when it is not, BUT I think it is great when a place IS off limits and the police do not know . . .

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I wonder do we have any members that are active LEO on this site?

And welcome to the site notamasshole

9. Malum Prohibitum

Yes, we do. Some have revealed that, others have not, but I know them. There are probably others I do not know about.

I have also talked to LEOs that I do not know who do not post on this site but do read it.

So, yes, in short.

There are also several ex-LEOs, including me and jrm.

10. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Thanks MP I knew of you and jrm being ex-leo.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Sharky, I would add that there are lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of people who read this site but never register or post.

12. Sharky

Sharky New Member

MP doesnt that usually go with the territory? i know I read and watched for a long time before registering and posting.