Hello from SLC, UT

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by PrimarchBentley, Nov 8, 2010.

1. PrimarchBentley

PrimarchBentley New Member

I currently live in Salt Lake City, UT, but spent most of my teenage years in GA. I have family still living in GA (Snellville and Lawrenceville), whom I try to visit regularly (at least yearly). When I do, I have my UT Concealed Firearm Permit with me for CC (God bless reciprocity), and always pack some firearms to go shooting w/ family while visiting. :righton:

2. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

we dont have reciprocity with Utah....you need to get a PA permit its only 26$

3. PrimarchBentley

Odd. Handgunlaw.us and the GeorgiaPacking.org list UT as having reciprocity. Did this change recently?

4. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

hmm well i guess i was wrong...i thought they only honored states with training...learned something new :righton:

5. PrimarchBentley

Nah, Utah is fine with anyone so long as they have a permit. :righton: There's a lot of movement in UT to push for Constitutional carry, though there's concern with what that could do with all the reciprocity UT CFP holders currently enjoy...

If it's training, you may be thinking NV. UT had reciprocity with NV until recently, when NV felt our training (classroom instructional time) "wasn't sufficient" and dropped us. All the NV residents w/ UT permits (but not NV's own) probably didn't help either... :wink:

Thanks for official linkage. :D

EDIT: Added linkage for Utah's recognition of permits from other States.

6. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

7. Swamper

Swamper Member

Welcome from Marietta.

:righton: