Hello from Morrow, Clayton County GA

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by 47Cowboy, Sep 13, 2007.

1. 47Cowboy

47Cowboy New Member

Hello and Greetings to all GCO and GPDO from Morrow GA

I have been reading/following the GCO and GPOD websites for quite some time. Last Sunday the Eastman Show I stopped by the GCO booth and was impressed enough that I joined on the spot (which BTW I have the best of intention of doing anyway).

As my first post and a brief bio of my jacket please allow me to introduce myself:

Will post as 47Cowboy
    GA resident since 1967
    GA licensed carry permit since 1968 (BTW: the first permits were called
    "Pistol Toters License", were little orange cards and had your "approved"
    handgun listed, with serial number on the back. :roll:
    Native of the Great State of Florida (when FL was still a great state: circa 1947)
    USMC 64/65
    Retired (Delta mechanic/technician 30 years and Sprint engineer/anylyst
    10 years)

Associations:
    NRA Life Member (and very concerned)
    KABA Member
    SAF Member
    NAHC (North American Hunting Club) Member
    Safari International Member
    GCO Member (new!)
    GPOD Member (new today!!)

Other:
    Front Sight Graduate (and am going back for more certs!)

I look forward to being an active contributor and hearing back from those of like mind!

47Cowboy

2. Wiley

Wiley Guest

Howdy! Glad you joined.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! Looks like we have at least two that started with the Toter's license now. :)

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wow! Nice to have you on board! :D

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Quite a resume there :righton:

6. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

:wave: i look forward to your input, am glad you found us, welcome to gco/gpdo 47cowboy!

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Welcome!

How did you like Front Sight? I am trying to plan a trip there sometime next year. Any input is appreciated.

8. 47Cowboy

47Cowboy New Member

Follow up to first post

To All
    :oops:
    A close friend and fellow horseman/firearms associate has politely informed me that my "Assosciations'" list and bio on my first post was a "little over the top" as he put it.
    Therefore allow me to "edit". As dad said 'you never get a second chance to make a good first impression"
    I hope this update will mitigate any misgivings about first post.
    Now being retired (read: unemployed since March) and on a small fixed pension, some painful decisions have been made.
    I am an active member of the organazations listed however, will not be renewing several. Also, several monthly magazines will no longer magically appear in my mailbox :(
    I will maintain membership status with SAF, RKBA, NRA and be active with GOA, especially GCO/GPOD.
    Although am unhappy about recent NRA decisions and positions on legislation of a national nature, they are still the best funded, most powerful voice we have.
    I encourage each member to join, support and be active in at least one of the national organizations. We need to work as hard nationally as we do locally.

Thanks to each of you who take a few moments to read this.

Quote for today:

"Had I seen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox with my brave men, my sword in this right hand." -Robert E. Lee, August 1870

47Cowboy

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I don't think it was over the top at all. It gave us a brief history of where you've come from in a neat little package. I approve :righton:

10. merlock

merlock Active Member

+1

11. tony218

tony218 New Member

i didn't see anything wrong with your post.

welcome aboard.