Hello from Marietta

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Guest, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello all! I'm a 20 year Air Force veteran and I'll be moving my family to the Marietta area by the end of the year to work a special duty (will be HQ at Dobbins.) I own a SA XD .45 service that I use for home defense, a Russian Makarov (9x18mm double stack,) and I recently picked up a Ruger LCP .380 that will make a great CCW. I've been living in rural Missouri for the last 6 yrs and have had no reason to pursue a CCW permit here, but I'll be getting one once I'm relocated to Georgia. Looking forward to using this forum/website and meeting/talking with other gun enthusiasts/carriers! :righton:

Respectfully,
    Sarge

2. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Greetings from Lawrenceville... and welcome !

3. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

Welcome from Hinesville & thank-you for your service!

4. Priest

Priest New Member

Hello back from Marietta. Welcome to the neighborhood! You have found a wonderful source for all kinds of information on owning and carrying.

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums (and GA, it seems)!

6. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

Welcome to Georgia (soon) and thanks for your service :cheers: You'll like this area.

7. Swamper

Swamper Member

Welcome from and to Marietta

:righton: :righton:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the quick welcome everyone! I'll be there in a few weeks to look at houses. Looking at mostly the east side school districts, but a few of the houses are in Powder Springs too.

v/r
    Sarge

9. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Depending on where in Powder Springs, we could be neighbors.

10. rodanvssct

rodanvssct Member

Welcome from Marietta!

11. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

Welcome and thanks for the 20 yrs of service to this country

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for warm welcome everyone!

I just returned home to Missouri from my house hunting trip. We found a house in Acworth near Brookstone. I got a killer deal; 4 bedroom house, 2300 square feet, close to 1 acre and it also has an additional detached garage/shop (24 x 40 feet with built in shop air, heat and bathroom) for less than $200K. Definately a buyers market right now. That detached garage has to be worth at least $40K itself! It's a little more of a commute to Dobbins than I wanted, but I ride a motorcycle and will eventually figure out backroads/shortcuts besides 41 and I75. I'll be moving down at the end of December. We can't wait to be GA residents! :righton:

Sarge