Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm a 20 year Air Force veteran and I'll be moving my family to the Marietta area by the end of the year to work a special duty (will be HQ at Dobbins.) I own a SA XD .45 service that I use for home defense, a Russian Makarov (9x18mm double stack,) and I recently picked up a Ruger LCP .380 that will make a great CCW. I've been living in rural Missouri for the last 6 yrs and have had no reason to pursue a CCW permit here, but I'll be getting one once I'm relocated to Georgia. Looking forward to using this forum/website and meeting/talking with other gun enthusiasts/carriers! :righton:

Respectfully,
Sarge

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Welcome to GPDO!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Greetings from Lawrenceville... and welcome !

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Hello back from Marietta. Welcome to the neighborhood! You have found a wonderful source for all kinds of information on owning and carrying.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Welcome from and to Marietta

:righton: :righton:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the quick welcome everyone! I'll be there in a few weeks to look at houses. Looking at mostly the east side school districts, but a few of the houses are in Powder Springs too.

v/r
Sarge

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
SargeAF said:
Thanks for the quick welcome everyone! I'll be there in a few weeks to look at houses. Looking at mostly the east side school districts, but a few of the houses are in Powder Springs too.

v/r
Sarge
Depending on where in Powder Springs, we could be neighbors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for warm welcome everyone!

I just returned home to Missouri from my house hunting trip. We found a house in Acworth near Brookstone. I got a killer deal; 4 bedroom house, 2300 square feet, close to 1 acre and it also has an additional detached garage/shop (24 x 40 feet with built in shop air, heat and bathroom) for less than $200K. Definately a buyers market right now. That detached garage has to be worth at least $40K itself! It's a little more of a commute to Dobbins than I wanted, but I ride a motorcycle and will eventually figure out backroads/shortcuts besides 41 and I75. I'll be moving down at the end of December. We can't wait to be GA residents! :righton:

Sarge

1 - 14 of 14 Posts