Hello from Macon

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by dexo54, Dec 17, 2005.

1. dexo54

dexo54 New Member

Great site. I found it thru packing.org So much info here it's hard to digest it all

I've been lurking around for awhile and decided to join.

2. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

Glad you decided to join.

I am usually in Macon and/or Warner Robins on Mondays and Fridays. Long drive from Atlanta and back. Tell us about the permit process you have to go through.

3. dexo54

dexo54 New Member

Re: Glad you decided to join.

I applied for my firearm license on 18 Nov. The experence was pleasent. I was asked for my SSN card, which I refused to show, but did have my retired military ID. Only strange question I was asked was, "which hand do I shoot with"??? I wasn't sure why it was asked of me, but I told them. Then after all was done, I asked how long it would take, and they said because of 9-11 it would take 5-6 months!!! The folks in Fulton Co. are getting theirs back in 5-6 weeks. Guess we'll wait and see

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

So- they caved that easily when you refused to show your social security card? :D

Then why did they ask for it in the first place? :?

I do not understand government people . . . :|

5. dexo54

dexo54 New Member

Not sure they caved but, after seeing my SSN on the military ID they just looked at it, didn't write it down...I used to be government people and still don't understand them.