Hello from Gainesville area

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Liberty.45ACP, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Liberty.45ACP

Liberty.45ACP Member

Hi all - sort of new here. First post. Glad to see the work being done to improve our firearms situation here in Georgia.

It would be great to have some sort of rating list for the various state & us reps & senators.

---Bill Tuttle

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Hello Bill

Hello there Bill. Welcome aboard. I have family around Lake Lanier, and I spend a lot of time in your area, particularly on holiday weekends.
    Does anyone know if there already is such a rating system in place? And who decides what rating each politican will get? Will a generally pro-gun politician get a bad rating if he thinks it's okay to sue a gun store who sells a handgun to a high school kid with an obviously-fake ID? What about a politician who would vote for a "safe storage" law to prevent parents from keeing a loaded and ready-to-shoot gun in their sock drawer or in a shoe box in the closet, figuring that only "other people's kids" are dumb enough to shoot themselves or a playmate with Daddy's pistol?

Down here in south Georgia, most politicians call themselves "pro gun," but in fact they are only pro-hunting and pro-sportsmen. They are not pro-CCW or pro-self-defense, other than supporting your right to shoot a burglar who breaks into your home.

3. JMC

JMC New Member

:welcome:

I am new here also and have found alot of good information and links, and the forums have alot of good input. have fun.

JMC

4. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

5. Liberty.45ACP

Liberty.45ACP Member

Thanks! I looked for those and completely missed them. Glad to be here.

6. hall911guy

hall911guy New Member

Hey Bill. Another Bill from Gainesville here......welcome!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Thanks, and welcome.

8. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Hey Bill welcome to what seems to be a kewl place of team work (rarity these days)...I am new here too...I'm all the way over in Acworth...

So ya think we can beat these liberals in denial if we all work together???

Andy