Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking for a while but I applied for my license today so I figured I would sign up here as well. The process was exactly as described on this board and it only about 40 minutes from walking into the courthouse to leaving the UPS store having finished with my fingerprints. Hopefully it will arrive quickly as well. I don't even own a firearm yet but I hope to rectify that problem quickly as well :D . Shooting is new to me but I took a class at Wild West Traders and have been using the range so I am enjoying the target shooting aspect. My job puts me in bars when they are not open so a little insurance would be welcome.

·
Registered
181 Posts

from a fellow D'villeian.

Got my license just a couple of weeks ago. Took exactly one week and I had it in my hands. My wife was about 9 days.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Also from Douglasville - WELCOME!!

:welcome:

·
Registered
802 Posts
:welcome: from Marietta.

:righton:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Welcome. Stoddards Guns on Fairburn Rd. is the place to get your gun, or accessories if you buy used. Fun bunch of guys. They answered plenty of questions when I got started. They even helped me with a gun I hadn't bought there.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Welcome from Powder Springs!

·
Registered
488 Posts
:welcome: Sir hope you like it!

I hope suttree don't get mad :roll: , because I sayed welcome! Don't want to run my post count up!!! :screwy:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome to this board and Douglasville. Before you buy something, try renting one at a range or go shooting with someone who has one you may be interested in. I shoot at WWT and hope Stoddards gets their range open soon.
Markhk

·
Registered
4 Posts
markhk said:
Welcome to this board and Douglasville. Before you buy something, try renting one at a range or go shooting with someone who has one you may be interested in. I shoot at WWT and hope Stoddards gets their range open soon.
Markhk
What does WWT stand for and how far away? I am a couple exits down and would like to find somewhere else other than advanced bullets.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Barfly, Welcome to the board, from Winston. I also recommend Stoddard's. Stoddard's says that they will have thier new gun range up and running next spring. Bankhead Hwy, east of Hwy 92.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome. i'm also from D'Ville (currently living in powder springs). Theres a lot of good people here, you'll have a good time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts