Hello from Douglasville

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Barfly, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Barfly

Barfly New Member

I have been lurking for a while but I applied for my license today so I figured I would sign up here as well. The process was exactly as described on this board and it only about 40 minutes from walking into the courthouse to leaving the UPS store having finished with my fingerprints. Hopefully it will arrive quickly as well. I don't even own a firearm yet but I hope to rectify that problem quickly as well :D . Shooting is new to me but I took a class at Wild West Traders and have been using the range so I am enjoying the target shooting aspect. My job puts me in bars when they are not open so a little insurance would be welcome.

2. 87FieroGT

87FieroGT New Member

[​IMG]
    from a fellow D'villeian.

Got my license just a couple of weeks ago. Took exactly one week and I had it in my hands. My wife was about 9 days.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! What do you drink?

4. ga_trucklvr

ga_trucklvr Member

Also from Douglasville - WELCOME!!

:welcome:

5. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

Welcome to GPDO from Gwinnett.

6. Swamper

Swamper Member

:welcome: from Marietta.

:righton:

7. suttree

suttree New Member

Welcome. Stoddards Guns on Fairburn Rd. is the place to get your gun, or accessories if you buy used. Fun bunch of guys. They answered plenty of questions when I got started. They even helped me with a gun I hadn't bought there.

8. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

Welcome from Powder Springs!

9. STONEWALL0628

STONEWALL0628 New Member

:welcome: Sir hope you like it!

I hope suttree don't get mad :roll: , because I sayed welcome! Don't want to run my post count up!!! :screwy:

10. suttree

suttree New Member

:lol:
    I deserved that.

11. STONEWALL0628

STONEWALL0628 New Member

It's all good sir, now we are even! :lol:

12. dam294

dam294 Active Member

13. Gunfixer69

Gunfixer69 New Member

Howdy from a neighbor in Whitesburg.

14. timbrubaker

timbrubaker I may be slow, but I sure am ugly

Welcome from Newton County!

15. markhk

markhk New Member

Welcome to this board and Douglasville. Before you buy something, try renting one at a range or go shooting with someone who has one you may be interested in. I shoot at WWT and hope Stoddards gets their range open soon.
    Markhk

16. Mr_Z

Mr_Z Member

Another D'ville hello, and I am also at WWT on occasion...any occasion I have free time and extra lead :)

17. DogLeg

DogLeg New Member

i too live in douglasville and go to WWT to shoot. too bad there isn't anything closer.

18. Kodiak XD

Kodiak XD New Member

What does WWT stand for and how far away? I am a couple exits down and would like to find somewhere else other than advanced bullets.

19. YZ#58

YZ#58 Member

Barfly, Welcome to the board, from Winston. I also recommend Stoddard's. Stoddard's says that they will have thier new gun range up and running next spring. Bankhead Hwy, east of Hwy 92.

20. jbowlick

jbowlick Member

Welcome. i'm also from D'Ville (currently living in powder springs). Theres a lot of good people here, you'll have a good time.