Hello from Dallas

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Sparky, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Sparky

Sparky New Member

Hello all. I was invited to this site by Taurus. I mentioned to Taurus that the recent Silver Comet Trail incident has me worried about the safety of my wife and daughter. I was thinking about purchasing a sidearm for me and my wife but I am worried about the carry and conceal laws. You'll have to excuse my ignorance because I honestly know nothing about gun laws and not much about guns either. I am here to learn. Thanks!

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Also, notice there is a search function just above the threads. Feel free to ask any questions you want on any thread already existing or start your own.

You won't find anyone here attacking you just for asking a question.

Step one is to get your firearms license, though, because without it, you cannot carry outside of your home, automobile, or place of business, and carry in your automobile is restricted without the license.

Since the counties are taking 4-6 months to issue, sometimes longer (although people are working on fixing that), there is no better time than the present to apply to get your license by next spring.
    :lol:

You can find out where to go, how to do it, and even the process for your county by clicking on the yellow "Firearms License" tab at the top of this page.

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Hey Sparky. Welcome. I'm a newbee to this also. Just applied for my GFL yesterday. I don't even own a handgun yet, but with the time it takes for some counties, I'll have lots of time to pick one out and take it to a range.

I know how you feel about Silver Comet. I take my three boys out there, and sometimes my wife comes too. We usually drive to the Coots Lake trailhead or at the Chamber of Commerce trailhead. I won't let them go alone. Sorry to blather on....

:welcome:

5. Sharky

Sharky New Member

howdy, dont be afraid to search and ask any question. These guys are nice for the most part,...aside from the joking once you are around for a bit....kidding, its the best forum I have ever been on. Very knowledgable people giving accurate and quick responses.
    Not to mention a good break in the day from work!

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Welcome from just south of you in Villa Rica.

7. jmorin

jmorin New Member

:welcome:

Welcome from the urban war zone we call Atlanta.

8. merlock

merlock New Member

:wave:

Hello from Warner Robins...

9. Double Tap

Double Tap New Member

:welcome: from Dallas neighbor!

10. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

11. Glocker

Glocker New Member

Uhhhhh....did you guys notice that this thread was started 3 years ago? :shattered:

And this was Sparky's one and only post..... :lol:

12. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

:pointlol:
    I was wondering when somebody would notice that.

13. Glocker

Glocker New Member

It was my excellent situational awareness skills at work! :righton: 8) :lol:

14. Double Tap

Double Tap New Member

mine too, zzzzzzzzzzzzz...wake me up in another 3 years :D

15. ByteMe

ByteMe New Member

Welcome from central Cobb! :welcome:

16. GotUrBack

GotUrBack New Member

If you are still around, now would be a pretty good time for post #2! and if you are still around, :welcome: To GPDO! And, if you are not still around, it won't matter what else I post on this topic.