Hello from crime infested Fulton county.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by mike316atl, Aug 4, 2007.

1. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

My name is Michael and im from Atlanta. I was involved in a armed robbery and it made me inspired to find out more about the laws of ga.

2. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

mike316atl,

Please please provide as much information as you can about this crime. Time, location, etc. This is very interesting to me. Really just tell as much as you are willing to. From what I know this is a wild story. Could you have known the perp.?

Open carry is not something newbie's usually do so I'd be interested in how you made that choice.

If you want to learn this is the place to be.

Thank you.

3. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Just read your post about this on the other thread. Thanks.

4. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

5. M249

M249 New Member

:cheers:

Sorry to hear about the robbery, bro. Way to keep your wits about you.

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

7. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

From what i seen which was little i never seen them before. It happened on the 24th of last month. 1:30 am. A little about me I am 21 yrs old, and I decided to get my GFL on my birthday. So my license was only 4mos old when it happened. Thats all i know as of this point APD is still investigating alot of robberies in my area. I dont know if it was a random act or they watched me for a while. I learned a valuable lesson through all of this! KEEP IT HOT!

8. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

I forgot 2 add.

The reason I carry open is because I learned alot from being in the Army. I went in when i was 17. I usually carry open at night. After my incident it really sucks I wanna carry everywhere but i cant carry nowhere!

9. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Carrying on a GFL is a FELONY on or near MARTA.

10. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Do you have the security guard license too? Or just the regular GFL?

11. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

I never carry on MARTA! :) I know its illegal. And I did have both.

12. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

And I did tell the police at the time I was walking from Marta and he didnt say anything. He asked me why i didnt shoot them.

13. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

You probably know this but if you have the security guard license you can carry on MARTA if it has to do with your work.

14. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I think it is bogus he ran your gun when you reported the crime to him.

15. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

Ya I had both cards which are a real pain 2 get. I invested in a ID holder for my neck so if the same thing happens again or if i lose my wallet I still have em. Now i am a unarmed guard (woooppppeeee)! I dont know why they dont have a database for GFL!? Im really surprised he didnt give me any crap about it. But he did run the SN on my gun. I dont know why but he gave me the gun with the clip while he drove me home. I WAS SURPRISED!

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

At least that's better than what some cops would say...

17. M249

M249 New Member

No thanks.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

+1. The license itself is bad enough.

19. merlock

merlock New Member

Sorry about your trouble.

But, :welcome: to GPDO!

20. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

thanks alot from every1

I want to thank everyone for all their useful info. I will use it in the future! Im just happy Im here today after my incident. It is very difficult with a gun point blank range to your head. Alot of things go through your mind. Death, Pull your gun, etc. Im glad a did walk away and all I lost was a wallet. I AM BLESSED! Thanks ALL