Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Michael and im from Atlanta. I was involved in a armed robbery and it made me inspired to find out more about the laws of ga.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
mike316atl,

Please please provide as much information as you can about this crime. Time, location, etc. This is very interesting to me. Really just tell as much as you are willing to. From what I know this is a wild story. Could you have known the perp.?

Open carry is not something newbie's usually do so I'd be interested in how you made that choice.

If you want to learn this is the place to be.

Thank you.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
mike316atl,

Please please provide as much information as you can about this crime. Time, location, etc. This is very interesting to me. Really just tell as much as you are willing to. From what I know this is a wild story. Could you have known the perp.?

Open carry is not something newbie's usually do so I'd be interested in how you made that choice.

If you want to learn this is the place to be.

Thank you.
Just read your post about this on the other thread. Thanks.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
I was walking home from the Marta station after work (im a armed security guard) anyways, About 1:30 am on the 24th I was walking like usual and two black men about 18 or 19 got out of a car about 100 feet from me. It looked kinda weird but i didnt do nothing (big mistake). I was looking down at my ipod, when i looked up all I seen was a pistol. One said give me everything in your pockets wallet, phone, everything. So I did. My .45 was in my shoulder holster at the time (another mistake) I should have had it in my belt holster. They told me to turn around and walk away. I live in Grant park and there was a bar close by where a police is at during the night. I went in and told him. He called for back up. He ran my gun and of course it was clean. He gave it back and took me the rest of the way home. Last Monday a investigator came to my house to tell me he wanted me to look at some mug shots of people that has been robbing the area. Im due in Monday. It happened on the corner of Memorial Dr. and Cherokee Ave. If any1 has any info please contact me thanks alot.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what i seen which was little i never seen them before. It happened on the 24th of last month. 1:30 am. A little about me I am 21 yrs old, and I decided to get my GFL on my birthday. So my license was only 4mos old when it happened. Thats all i know as of this point APD is still investigating alot of robberies in my area. I dont know if it was a random act or they watched me for a while. I learned a valuable lesson through all of this! KEEP IT HOT!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot 2 add.

The reason I carry open is because I learned alot from being in the Army. I went in when i was 17. I usually carry open at night. After my incident it really sucks I wanna carry everywhere but i cant carry nowhere!

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Carrying on a GFL is a FELONY on or near MARTA.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Do you have the security guard license too? Or just the regular GFL?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never carry on MARTA! :) I know its illegal. And I did have both.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And I did tell the police at the time I was walking from Marta and he didnt say anything. He asked me why i didnt shoot them.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
You probably know this but if you have the security guard license you can carry on MARTA if it has to do with your work.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
He ran my gun and of course it was clean.
I think it is bogus he ran your gun when you reported the crime to him.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya I had both cards which are a real pain 2 get. I invested in a ID holder for my neck so if the same thing happens again or if i lose my wallet I still have em. Now i am a unarmed guard (woooppppeeee)! I dont know why they dont have a database for GFL!? Im really surprised he didnt give me any crap about it. But he did run the SN on my gun. I dont know why but he gave me the gun with the clip while he drove me home. I WAS SURPRISED!

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
mike316atl said:
And I did tell the police at the time I was walking from Marta and he didnt say anything. He asked me why i didnt shoot them.
At least that's better than what some cops would say...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks alot from every1

I want to thank everyone for all their useful info. I will use it in the future! Im just happy Im here today after my incident. It is very difficult with a gun point blank range to your head. Alot of things go through your mind. Death, Pull your gun, etc. Im glad a did walk away and all I lost was a wallet. I AM BLESSED! Thanks ALL

1 - 20 of 33 Posts