Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this sight a few days ago. Looks like alot of good folks and informative post on here. Looking forward to learning and adding info where I can.

I enjoy building AK kits and my carry gun is a Glock 27.
 

·
Romans 10:13
Joined
·
4,632 Posts
:welcome: Please consider joining GCo_Org. See link at the bottom of this page.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ptsmith24 said:
Thanks for joining! You have your GFL?
Yes sir...just got renewed or should I say reapplied in nov. Sux that you cant just renew like I did the 3 times before . I know now to reapply 6mo in advance if you dont want to be without your permit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Welcome! I've looked into building AR's out of curiosity and it sounds like it could be pretty easy, and fairly inexpensive...how about AK's, lot's of places to buy parts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pro2am said:
Welcome! I've looked into building AR's out of curiosity and it sounds like it could be pretty easy, and fairly inexpensive...how about AK's, lot's of places to buy parts?
AKs are alittle more difficult to build but not that hard . You can get kits for as little as $120 . You can do screw builds with minimal tools....small drill press, bench vice, some good drill bits and taps. I did a few of those but now I do revet builds which is the way they are done at the factory.

A very good sight for info is:

http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/index.php

Check the biuld it yourself section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
:welcome:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,657 Posts
I gotta comment that a lot of people will judge your avatar as racist, considering that it was a flag adopted in the 1950s in defiance of desegregation.

(No, that flag was never a part of Georgia's history, other than the 1950s. The one we have now is actually closer to a historical flag. Given my choice, we would have gone back to the original Georgia flag, the plain blue flag with a state seal).

I am not accusing you of being a racist, seeing as how I do not know you from a hole in the ground, but surely you must be aware that flying the flag from two flags ago is akin to wearing a white sheet (which could also have non-racist explanations, but sure looks suspicious).

When "The Bandit" put that tag on the front of his TA it was the current, legal flag.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,657 Posts
Hickory Flatlander said:
You can get kits for as little as $120 . You can do screw builds with minimal tools....small drill press, bench vice, some good drill bits and taps. I did a few of those but now I do revet builds which is the way they are done at the factory.

A very good sight for info is:

http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/index.php

Check the biuld it yourself section.
Do these come with a flat metal sheet to form the receiver?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,172 Posts
Hey Flats:

Welcome. You're correct in that this is a very nice site with (mostly) nice people. Not mentioning any names or anything, but watch out for Ad :censored: and Ra :censored: and Gloc :censored: and Mal :censored: and a couple of others.

Now I, on the other hand, am a prince of a fellow. Loved and admired by all. Really! So, if you have any questions or qualms about some of the others, just ask me and I'll give you the straight skinny. Ya kin trust me... Honest!

And, glad to have you. This really is a great place! Lots of good people who will do their best to answer questions and give you honest opinions. Best of all, no flame wars. This truly is a polite site. You'll like it here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
I gotta comment that a lot of people will judge your avatar as racist, considering that it was a flag adopted in the 1950s in defiance of desegregation.

(No, that flag was never a part of Georgia's history, other than the 1950s. The one we have now is actually closer to a historical flag. Given my choice, we would have gone back to the original Georgia flag, the plain blue flag with a state seal).

I am not accusing you of being a racist, seeing as how I do not know you from a hole in the ground, but surely you must be aware that flying the flag from two flags ago is akin to wearing a white sheet (which could also have non-racist explanations, but sure looks suspicious).

When "The Bandit" put that tag on the front of his TA it was the current, legal flag.
No problem....its the flag I grew up with.....I like the way it looks....nothing more and nothing less. The only flag I have alligance to is the flag of the United States of America. The only white sheets I every wore was to a few college toga parties. Also...I have already taken Georgia history so I dont need a lesson from you.

Some people think alot of different things about me. Many people think Im crazy because I build assault rifles and carry a hand gun and seek outlaw both . As long as we can both agree that we will fight to keep that from happening we are on the common ground we need to be on on this sight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/index.php[/URL]

Check the biuld it yourself section.
Do these come with a flat metal sheet to form the receiver?[/quote:279wj2nl]

No the kits do not have the reciever.

I did leave that expense out. You can buy a flat and bend it yourself but that requires more tooling. I use a ready made receiver for my builds which cost fron $50 - $100 depending on the type of receiver. These a FLL items which you have to register like any gun. Flats do not have to be registered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Hickory Flatlander said:
http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/index.php[/URL]

Check the biuld it yourself section.
Do these come with a flat metal sheet to form the receiver?[/quote:33i6rlb7]

No the kits do not have the reciever.

I did leave that expense out. You can buy a flat and bend it yourself but that requires more tooling. I use a ready made receiver for my builds which cost fron $50 - $100 depending on the type of receiver. These a FLL items which you have to register like any gun. Flats do not have to be registered.[/quote:33i6rlb7]

Good info I am looking into building my own with a friend.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,657 Posts
Hickory Flatlander said:
No problem....its the flag I grew up with.....I like the way it looks....nothing more and nothing less.
:)

Hickory Flatlander said:
The only flag I have alligance to is the flag of the United States of America.
I kind of like the Gadsden flag better . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
[quote="Hickory Flatlander":2e0rfrx5]No problem....its the flag I grew up with.....I like the way it looks....nothing more and nothing less.
:)

Hickory Flatlander said:
The only flag I have alligance to is the flag of the United States of America.
I kind of like the Gadsden flag better . . .[/quote:2e0rfrx5]

Funny you should mention that flag....I use that as an avatar on a few other sights. I just thought an old Georgia flag would fit better here. I do like that flag alot though.

This one is part of Ga. history ....Ill try it for awhile.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top