Hello form Hickory Flat

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Hickory Flatlander, May 13, 2007.

1. Hickory Flatlander

Hickory Flatlander New Member

Just found this sight a few days ago. Looks like alot of good folks and informative post on here. Looking forward to learning and adding info where I can.

I enjoy building AK kits and my carry gun is a Glock 27.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Thanks for joining! You have your GFL?

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

4. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

:welcome: Please consider joining GCo_Org. See link at the bottom of this page.

5. Hickory Flatlander

Yes sir...just got renewed or should I say reapplied in nov. Sux that you cant just renew like I did the 3 times before . I know now to reapply 6mo in advance if you dont want to be without your permit.
    [​IMG]

6. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Welcome! I've looked into building AR's out of curiosity and it sounds like it could be pretty easy, and fairly inexpensive...how about AK's, lot's of places to buy parts?

7. merlock

merlock New Member

:welcome:
    I'd be interested in learning about kit building...

8. Hickory Flatlander

AKs are alittle more difficult to build but not that hard . You can get kits for as little as $120 . You can do screw builds with minimal tools....small drill press, bench vice, some good drill bits and taps. I did a few of those but now I do revet builds which is the way they are done at the factory.

A very good sight for info is:

http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/index.php

Check the biuld it yourself section.

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I gotta comment that a lot of people will judge your avatar as racist, considering that it was a flag adopted in the 1950s in defiance of desegregation.

(No, that flag was never a part of Georgia's history, other than the 1950s. The one we have now is actually closer to a historical flag. Given my choice, we would have gone back to the original Georgia flag, the plain blue flag with a state seal).

I am not accusing you of being a racist, seeing as how I do not know you from a hole in the ground, but surely you must be aware that flying the flag from two flags ago is akin to wearing a white sheet (which could also have non-racist explanations, but sure looks suspicious).

When "The Bandit" put that tag on the front of his TA it was the current, legal flag.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Do these come with a flat metal sheet to form the receiver?

11. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Hey Flats:

Welcome. You're correct in that this is a very nice site with (mostly) nice people. Not mentioning any names or anything, but watch out for Ad :censored: and Ra :censored: and Gloc :censored: and Mal :censored: and a couple of others.

Now I, on the other hand, am a prince of a fellow. Loved and admired by all. Really! So, if you have any questions or qualms about some of the others, just ask me and I'll give you the straight skinny. Ya kin trust me... Honest!

And, glad to have you. This really is a great place! Lots of good people who will do their best to answer questions and give you honest opinions. Best of all, no flame wars. This truly is a polite site. You'll like it here.

12. Hickory Flatlander

No problem....its the flag I grew up with.....I like the way it looks....nothing more and nothing less. The only flag I have alligance to is the flag of the United States of America. The only white sheets I every wore was to a few college toga parties. Also...I have already taken Georgia history so I dont need a lesson from you.

Some people think alot of different things about me. Many people think Im crazy because I build assault rifles and carry a hand gun and seek outlaw both . As long as we can both agree that we will fight to keep that from happening we are on the common ground we need to be on on this sight.

13. Hickory Flatlander

14. zone

zone New Member

15. Malum Prohibitum

:)

I kind of like the Gadsden flag better . . .

16. Hickory Flatlander

:)

I kind of like the Gadsden flag better . . .[/quote:2e0rfrx5]

Funny you should mention that flag....I use that as an avatar on a few other sights. I just thought an old Georgia flag would fit better here. I do like that flag alot though.

This one is part of Ga. history ....Ill try it for awhile.