Hello, fellas!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by BryanCosgrove, May 10, 2018.

1. BryanCosgrove

BryanCosgrove New Member

Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online outdoor Georgia community. I'm hoping to learn more and have fun with the other members here. Cheers!

2. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Welcome to the forum!

3. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Outdoors? Many of us in or near Atlanta have to shoot inside. I am not prejudiced, I'll shoot anywhere it is safe and legal. Regardless, welcome.

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Another Florida transplant! :panic:

5. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

Another welcome. And another mention of the "outdoor" comment. :cool: We are gun people here. Some of us are indoor gun people (not me, except when I'm tinkering on my guns or dry-fire practicing), and some of us are outdoor gun people (me).

This site isn't really about the outdoors. It's about gun chat - laws, griping about criminals and bad cops, and even often razzing each other.

I like chatting here. People here are generally more friendly and a little less idiotic than you find on national or international forums. I suppose because you never know when you might already know, or might meet the people you are chatting with. It's generally a pretty friendly place.

6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Well, there is that link to "Outdoorhub." :mrgreen:

7. BryanCosgrove

BryanCosgrove New Member

Thank you very much, everyone! Thank you all for the warm welcome! Thanks for clarifying as well. Hopefully, a few "gun chats" (laws, griping about criminals, etc.) would help erase all misconceptions about us, fellas.

8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Don't pay any attention to him. He has glock in his screenname and you know what that means. He worships the god of plastic. He give no attention to Saint John Moses and the truth.

Nemo

9. Glockenator

My only misconceptions are about the people who ride motorcycles without helmets, or who drive slowly in the left lane, for miles and miles, with their left turn signal flashing. Those people probably really are intelligent. :mrgreen:

Georgia has our share of Georgidiots too. Because of them, we could call this state Georgduh. :p

Jes razzin'.

10. awanatech

awanatech Active Member

Ahh, come on. Don't hate on the "No Helmet" riders. There are thousands of people on organ donation lists counting on them.

11. Glockenator

True dat. I don't hate them. I just LMAO at them. They must not think they have a brain worth keeping inside their skull. I mean, I get the "freedom" thing and all, but dumb is just dumb.

12. awanatech

awanatech Active Member

I get that. I ride, but always with a full face helmet. I get the freedom thing too and support their right to be stupid.

13. Glockenator

I had a traumatic brain injury from a very low speed crash on dirt, while wearing a helmet, but at least my bruised brain did not leak out of my skull. I'm very much a proponent of mitigating risks as much as practical and reasonable. I don't consider helmets to be terribly impractical or unreasonable. A minor inconvenience ain't nuthin', when the brain is involved.

There I go again, Amtraking yet another thread........ :mrgreen:

awanatech likes this.