Hello All

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by ntech, Jun 13, 2007.

1. ntech

ntech Member

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a new member here, and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your posts. It is a great source of entertainment, inspiration, and education for me. I am gaining much more information than I am providing in this forum. This is due to the fact I have just received my first GFL and have been since familiarizing myself with the complicated, and sometimes confusing GA code. Hopefully in the future, I could contribute some pertinent information that will be helpful for others as well.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO ntech!

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:

Where you live?

What you carry?

Open o' Concealed?

5. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

:welcome: Glad to have you on board.

You got that right.

6. ntech

ntech Member

MP, I currently live about an hour south of Atlanta. I own a Remington 870 Express Magnum pump shotgun for home defense purposes. I have been a glock fan all of my life, and am going to purchase one by next week. I am still contemplating which model I should get (details in firearms forum).

I recently received my GFL, so I will be ready to carry when I purchase my pistol. Right now I am in a research frenzy, as I am furiously studying the complex Georgia code to figure out exactly what I can and cannot do with my GFL.

Upon reading your posts regarding OC and CC outside of home, business, and motor vehicles, it all seems like one big pain. This is largely due to the "public gathering" code, and off limit areas. In a sense, it seems like more of a headache worrying about being arrested as opposed to being robbed or assaulted.

I will probably just start out with just having my weapon in my car for now. I may get brave later and carry in an unrestricted area, but I am apprehensive because of my lack of experience with GA gun laws. If I did so, I would probably CC. OC seems a little too conspicuous for my personality. Perhaps in time, that may change too.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Baby steps. Just do what you are comfortable with.

Once you start carrying for a while it becomes second nature.

If you are able to make it to our shoot this Saturday we'd have a bunch of stuff for you to try out.

8. ntech

ntech Member

I appreciate your invite to your shooting session. Unfortunately, I am moving (local) and am going to be unable to attend. Do you guys get together weekly, monthly? If so, which forum do you post the date and times of shooting sessions? I would love to try out some different pistols.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I think we are going to try to make it a quarterly thing after this one. And subsequent ones will be in the General Events forum.

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Welcome ntech, but how could you possibly say, "complicated, and sometimes confusing GA code"?

We all think Georgia's firearms laws and simple and fair and just about the best in the land. I ask you, what more could anyone want? I'm just happy as a pickled peach to be living in this wonderful state with such simple and uncomplicated gun laws... :lol: Yesindeediidiidee I am. Fo shur!

Ah man! Lightening is gonna strike me for that...!

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

There's also a couple of us that meet at Bullseye Marksman in Cumming once a month or so.

12. maddog

maddog New Member

13. Sharky

Sharky New Member

welcome aboard