Heh, 9mms

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by tace, Sep 4, 2007.

1. tace

tace New Member

"You know how the Glock feels like your are shooting a brick? The Hi-Point C9 Comp is the brick! " :lol: This is from The Best Nines website http://www.best9mm.com/ . Made me laugh.

It's nice to see 2 Turkish built pistols in that list. For those of you who are not aware, Asia Minor (aka Turkey) has a long history of building excellent quality guns. It's strange for a country with such strict gun laws.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:wink:

3. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I don't know much about modern Turkish firepower, but the old Mausers are very nice, especially the ones they made themselves.

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I carry the CZ PCR, which is the predecessor to the P-01, it has an alloy frame and steel slide, just like the P-01, but not the rail. It is boringly reliable after 3-4K rounds through it. I find it to be pretty accurate and easy to shoot. Anyway, I'm not surprised to see two CZ's on the list, they are very under-rated here in the states.

Thanks for the article.

5. RepeatDefender

I would love to try out a CZ, the only problem is I have never seen one for sale, rent, trade...anything... :(

6. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Make your way up to one of our shoots in Atlanta!

7. RepeatDefender

Looks like I'll have to try and find the time, at least once. :D

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It's nice to see my M&P place 4th. That's ten places higher than the Glock 19.

9. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Thats by design. Use once, throw in the river.

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I've fired Macktee's Hi-Point C-9 a few times. It's actually not a bad shooter.

11. RepeatDefender

I have heard they are a bitc# to take down and the slide is made of pot metal. Is that truthful?

12. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

after firing a CZ SP-01 for the second time yesterday, i'm totally sold. i know CZ makes great guns, and i've had a CZ 75 on the list for a while now (now replaced by the SP-01), but this has to be the best home defense pistol ever.

19+1 rounds
    heavy as a brick, can be used to bludgeon.
    great ergo's
    great finish
    great factory and service, parts
    factory night sights
    factory rail, ready for light/laser
    absolutely 100% reliable
    easy to take down
    .22 Kadet kit functions 99.99% and gets you used to the trigger, on the cheap

cannot wait to get an SP-01 !!!!!!!!

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You'll have to ask Mack that one. I shot it, he cleaned it after. Well, I assume he did. :D

14. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

That list is sooo wrong.

[​IMG]

15. RepeatDefender

I don't particularly like the list either, but I get the point. For $500 or less, those are some of the best 9mm's out there for those who need one and are on a budget.

16. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Don't be snarky at the Glock.
    It all depends on what you are looking for as the author of the list you posted even admits:

I've not had my paws on all of those guns, but I have on several of em. I WAS looking for a carry gun. The G19 won. 8)

17. tace

tace New Member

Yeah, I said that cause guns were being built there long time before it was called Turkey :)

18. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I fully agree, assuming you're limiting yourself to 9mm. I'm thinking a 12 ga. pistol would be a bit better :D

19. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

How did the Armalite even get on there? That pistol has barely been out a year, if that really. It may be a good shooter but one year is hardly enough to put it on the same list as a CZ-75 and CD highpower. Wait till someone runs 20k rounds through one.

20. Macktee

Macktee New Member

You assume wrong A-boy...

They are just a bit difficult to field strip and/or dissemble. Actually, I'm not sure I know how to take it apart and the manual and the website aren't any help at all.

I had a few problems with my C-9 (it was purchased used and cheap), so I sent it back for warranty work. Great warranty BTW, like a Zippo lighter --- forever! No matter how old or how many owners it has had. They fixed the problem, replaced all the springs, several internal parts, the slide and gave me a ghost ring sight plus two magazines. About all I got back from what I sent them was the frame and barrel. Truly excellent warranty and customer service.

And, like Adam5 said, it does shoot with surprising accuracy.

Anyway, while taking care of sending it back, I talked to a very nice lady at Hi Point and mentioned the problem I was having cleaning it. She told me not to worry and to only clean it every 500 or 1,000 rounds or so. She said some people never clean them, or so it appears from the state of some guns they get returned for warranty work!

So....., it's not getting cleaned. At least not thoroughly cleaned... After shooting, I do wire brush and lube and dry-patch the barrel and wipe and lube everything I can reach without taking it apart, but no deep, thorough cleaning like the other pistols receive.

So far, that seems to be working.

:exactly: