He Has a Gun!

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:shock:

Well, I finally experienced a negative reaction.

I needed more envelopes so that the lunch coordinator could send lunch invitations to new GCO members for our Summer Lunch, and so I stopped in WalMart about 10:00 last night.

As I was walking in the front entrance, in the alcove area between the doors, two young overweight black women were sitting on a bench to my right. I heard one of them exclaim to the other, "Oh, shi! He got a gun!"
    :shock:

I kept walking without acknowledging the compliment.

Nobody else reacted visibly. I purchased my envelopes and departed.

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

You mean you carried something so inherently evil as a death machine into a WalMart and it didn't jump out of your holster and start killing people?

Hmm. Must be defective. I thought guns were supposed to kill people. I know mine tries to at every opportunity.

3. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Thank goodness you left the T.I.E in the glove box!

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I thought the purpose of the T.I.E. was to blind them so they don't see the gun.

5. Malum Prohibitum

6. gsusnake

You were wearing a tie at 2200? :shock:

7. Malum Prohibitum

8. gsusnake

Only time I'm wearing a tie that late at night is if she's an 8 or higher.

9. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Why is that? Do you really think she's going to look where it points?

10. gsusnake

Always a chance of that.

11. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Be thankful you didn't have a box of cookies.

12. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

This reminds me of an incident that happened to me and my wife at the old K-Mart in Athens (luckily this crappy store is now closed) about 5 years ago. We were raising a lab retriever for assistance work (she is now a working hearing dog in NJ). She was about a year old and very petite by lab standards, maybe only 45 lbs at that time. She was a real sweet heart and looked in no way intimidating. She was wearing her training "vest" which clearly identified her as a working dog in training. My wife and I were at the check-out counter waiting our turn to pay for our crap when the two "ladies" in front of us noticed the pup, which by the way was sitting perfectly quite and still, like a lady should. One of the two in front of us yelled out "oh, my lord" and proceeded to jump up and down and run around in a circle before darting out the front door screaming. After creating quite a scene (the dog still never moved) the woman's sister said something about how she was afraid of dogs. My wife who stated that she understood that but her reaction was ridiculous, etc... Somewhere in the conversation my wife regretfully used the phrase, "I'm just trying to educate you on the training program....." You can imagine how that went over. "Educate me?" Anyway by the time we all got to the parking and headed for our cars I had to physically "assist" my wife in the car as she was mad enough to take action herself against the two women who were both now jumping up and down in the parking lot shouting expletives at us. I placed both my girls in the car (wife and dog) and left as quickly as possible to diffuse the situation. It was such a proud day for the community *sarcasm*.

13. Malum Prohibitum

VOLGRAD, you obviously should be charged with disorderly conduct.

14. VolGrad

Obviously...how dare I cause such cush havoc.

15. brianh

brianh New Member

Yup, that's Athens. Most folks think the city is a bastion of higher learning, but it seems that almost half the population is on public assistance (and I'm not talking about student loans here). My daughter attends UGA and there are plenty of places right across the street from the campus where the kids wisely refuse to venture after the sun goes down. I carry EVERYTIME I go to that town (but not while on campus).

16. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Athens has tremendously high crime rates per capita. It is an extremely poor city and has all the problems that go along with poverty. As long as you stay on the campus itself, or just across the street from the university you are fairly safe, but venturing outside the perimeter of UGA, especially at night is at your own risk.

17. VolGrad

Downtown is OK as long as you are smart about it. Watch where you park and don't walk alone. All the normal safety stuff. There are two parking decks close enough to all the bars and restaurants. They are partolled regularly by ACCPD. Athens utilizes both bicycle patrols and cruisers. O ya, and you are most likely going to see a lot of homeless folks. Some of the long-time Athenians refer to them as "Townies". They will ask for money even though panhandling has been outlawed. Unfortunately, you are limited to where you can carry downtown if you plan on doing anything, seeing anything notable, or eating. Everywere pours alcohol. The parking decks are also operated by the city so technically I assume they are off limits to firearms too. Not sure about that.

18. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

Was this the Newnan Walmart?

19. Woody_the_Infidel

Woody_the_Infidel New Member