The one over at the BOR's office.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,695 Posts

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Rugerer said:
Which governor? The one who said "to use those kind of arguments with the campus carry discussion, I think lacks validity" or the other one.
I don't think it was the one who talked about how those who follow the rules ought not be defenseless against those who don't follow the rules. THAT Governor wasn't about increasing penalties for the law abiding.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,424
Gwinnett District candidates for 99th, 105th, and 108th tell where they stand on 859.
They are mostly party lines but this one
Patty Gabilondo, Republican: "I do support the Second Amendment. That being said, I can see where it would be controversial for my constituents, especially with children in college who aren't trained. I would probably put that out to my constituents (to decide)."
I think it would be better to vet her now, so she needs to hear from you guys/gals in 108

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
At this point I think the only bill that will meet hizzoner's expectations will be one that extends a 1 mile gun-free zone around every campus and every college student regardless of presence on campus.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,695 Posts
The Court of Appeals should rule on my HB 826 suit before the next General Assembly session.

If it goes in our favor, the Gold Dome should then just leave it alone. I'll take HB 826 any day over what the governor might find acceptable to his GABOR friends.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,739 Posts
A related semi side note.

Nemo

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features...these-colleges-have-most-on-campus-crime.html

Exclusive: These Colleges Have the Most On Campus Crime By Serena Elavia, May 20, 2016 College Planning FOXBusiness

As millions of young adults head to college this fall, safety and security will be one of their top concerns. According to new research from GetSafe provided exclusively to FOXBusiness.com, over 14,000 burglaries happen on college campuses every year.

. . .

2421 - 2427 of 2427 Posts