HB 89 Supporting material....

Discussion in 'Previous Bills' started by Montieth, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Montieth

Montieth Active Member

I wanted to make sure everyone saw this. A cop friend of mine on LJ posted this and it has significant bearing on Support for HB 89. Specifically inso far as the typical objections to HB89 as based on how it will make life more dangerous for cops. The FBI study in question looked at criminals that shot officers and closely examined common traits. One of them was that the criminals ignored prohibitions against carry. The average starting age for them was 17 and they often carried the firearms starting at an even earlier age.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Man, Ryan, those are some scary dudes in that study. At least they are in prison now where they belong.

3. Montieth

Montieth Active Member

Yep, what gets me is HOW they go from looking normal to homicidal in very short order. Means cops can't be too careful but the break point for the cop should be a CCW permit or something. Another reason to point to CCW permits as a good thing. I'd like AK style carry, BUT a clear license you can display to a cop takes the wind out of the sails of the "endangers cops" argument.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I never had much of a problem telling armed good guys from armed bad guys, and I never much cared about checking firearms licenses. I also never disarmed motorists unless I had a darned good reason (like had a good suspicion I was going to arrest or a strong suspicion that another crime had occurred other than traffic).

So, while I will agree those guys were scary, I guess we will just have to disagree on your second post, as my experience does not lead me to the same conclusion.

5. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Yeah, but for every one in jail how many are still out of jail? :?:

6. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Have you been able to find the actually report? I've looked around and can't find it.

7. Wiley

Wiley New Member