Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.c ... 16717&on=1

I defy anyone to “read†into the Amendment that a citizen has the right to carry arms, except to show up as a member of a “well regulated militia.†And, despite the wishes of the NRA, nowhere do the words expressing “right of self defense†appear in the amendment

·
68,524 Posts
and who will now be legal in concealing a loaded gun in his coat as he drives to and from church at night.
Why should this bother him? Is he Muslim? :D

·
68,524 Posts
I defy anyone to “read†into the Amendment that a citizen has the right to carry arms, except to show up as a member of a “well regulated militia.â€
I think the D.C. lawyer defied Judge Silberman to do the same thing. :wink:

Somebody send Mr. Markham the Parker decision! :D

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
Why would you carry a loaded gun in your car if you weren’t willing to use it? Remember, no one knows you have it except you.
If I am fear for my life or that of a loved one, I will use it.

Sooner or later, some “ruffs†will confront one of these “normal†citizens†or a drunk, or just stupid kids. And, maybe harmless words and anger will provoke a fight that will end when, in needless tragedy, a concealed weapon is used by either.
Last I heard harmless words and anger were not legal justifications for the use of deadly force according to GA law.

However, if this Bill 89 passes, you and your family will be in more pending peril, if, for no other reason except that you may, God forbid, become an innocent victim as bystanders when the bullets fly. And, they will.
If this is true, how come it hasn't come to fruition in other states that have similar laws?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts