HB 89 (Car Carry) - The Next Step

Discussion in 'Previous Bills' started by Mike from Philly, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The Georgia Association of Chiefs of police is making a push to kill this bill, so we need people to turn out for this, even if you will not be speaking.

If you do want to speak, you need to get there early enough to sign up, or you will not be allowed to do so.

3. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

How early do we need to be there if we want to speak? Are we talking 15min.? 30min.? Hour?

Will it be obvious who we have to sign up with to speak?

4. Wiley

Wiley New Member

I plan on being there. (I promise my tie won't overshadow.) I'm going to try to be at the LOB about 1ish as I want to see if I can see my Rep.

Mike: thanks for the parking map!

5. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I'll be there. I plan on speaking too.

6. Taler

Taler New Member

I'll be attending, as will my better half. We both plan on speaking.

7. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

Talor, best to you, MP~, GS1, and anyone else that will be speaking today. :D I am unable to come, I wish it were otherwise.

8. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

damnitdamnitdamnit.
    There is no way I can make it up there today short of someone teaching me how to teleport. :evil:
    If I had a giant cardboard cut out of myself I'd send that along. Sorry guys, good luck I hope we can over come the opposition. I'll say a pray & ask for a bit of forgiveness for not being with you today. :(

9. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Wish I could be there, just no way to get off work with such short notice. I'd also send a cardboard cutout of myself but I don't know if anyone has a truck big enough to haul it... :oops:

10. b8fish

b8fish New Member

I will be there.

11. Malum Prohibitum

If you leave now, you can make it with time to spare! :D

12. Malum Prohibitum

I encourage everyone who can to attend - no need to speak, just show up and support.

The antis will be there in force this time, and the Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police will be there ostensibly speaking on behalf of the police . . .

They (Chiefs Association) are telling their members that HB 89 would allow anybody to carry concealed in a car. This is simply untrue. It would allow only those not enumerated as ineligible for a license to carry concealed in the car.

BIG difference.

Be there or be square. 3:00 in room 307 of the Coverdell Legislative Building (right across the street from the Gold Dome).

13. Malum Prohibitum

This is your last chance to show up in person in support of HB 89.

14. b8fish

b8fish New Member

Not knowing anyone else on the board by sight, is there a secret sign? gathering place?

15. Malum Prohibitum

The bright orange Guns Save Lives buttons are not here yet, so, no . . .

:D

BUT I will be making sure to mention that we have members there, so raise your hand and wave to the committee and for the cameras!

The room is sure to be very crowded, with standing room only. The earlier you get there and sit down, the better seat you will get.

If folks want to arrange a place to meet, that is fine, but I will be unable to meet beforehand, as I promised to meet with a legislator and then I need to get my name on the list . . .

The buttons will be available by our next public appearance.

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I wish I could come. :(

17. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

I'm going! I'll decide on whether to speak when I leave in 10m. I have to take off at 1615 or so to make a conference call, though. How long do these things last?

18. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

:censored: I can't show up. You guys weren't kidding about the short notice! 4 hours!?! Are they intentionally trying to make it hard for people to show up?!?!

Is the video for this meeting going to be streamed/archived?

19. Sharky

Sharky New Member

No Kidding, I read my weekend email and saw the meeting time and place. Man trying to reschedule things for today, just didn't work out.

That sucks they do everything during business hours, but I guess I wouldnt want to have to work late!

Good luck everybody, wish I could be there. Hopfully next time notice on Monday for a Wednesday or later in the week meeting will work a bit better. Up to the mercy of the government.....

20. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I wish I could be there, but because of work constraints, I can't. Good luck to you guys! We are behind you 100%! MP shouldn't be hard to spot...just look for the tie! :lol: