Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the author of HB 7 has rewritten the car carry proposal. It already has 2 cosponsors.

Still does the same thing, just written a different way.
This Code section shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129 from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle
http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2007_08/v ... 55_a_2.htm

·
Sledgehammer
4,780 Posts
Seems to me he went backwards. HB 7 says "loaded or unloaded," while HB 89 says just "loaded." It would be dumb to punish someone for carrying an unloaded gun when it would have been legal with a round in it.

HB 7 also makes clear the gun can be anywhere in the car. HB 89 is silent on that matter.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is HB 89
A Firearm is considered loaded if there are rounds in the chamber, cylinder, and/or magazine of the firearm OR if a person is carrying a unloaded firearm and the person is in possession of ammunition that is in close proximity of the firearm; Which means if you are carrying a unloaded gun, it is still considered loaded if you have the bullets in your pocket or anywhere else on your body while you are still carrying the gun. (16-11-132)
So if the firearm and ammo are both close by, then it is considered loaded.

Anyway, the law says you must open carry except as provided below, and the below says that (c) GFL can carry concealed in a holster, then (d) an unloaded firearm can be enclosed (concealed) in a case, then (e) must also be an exemption to be able to conceal in a car. Because open carry in a car is already implied at the begining (a).

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
68,974 Posts
To be heard, all one needs to do is show up and ask to speak.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Before it started someone said it was gun day.
Another said wild west.

Another said, something like I doubt it or don't count on it.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bearden is talking.

Preempting arguments about expanding felons ability to carry.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mangham owns a firearm and does not want his kid exposed to it in the car accidentally.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mangham audio is very poor...

Sounds like he is opposed to it because children might play with a gun left in a car.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bearden, I have firearmS. I have a child, 7 years old and he knows gun safety becuase he has been taught how to use all of them.

It is up to the owner to either teach their child or lock up the gun. It is not the state that should do that.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts