Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Code Section 16-11-129 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to a license to carry a pistol or revolver and temporary renewal permits, so as to require permits to be issued more quickly; to provide legislative findings; to provide for temporary permits for initial applicants when permits are delayed without cause; to provide for the return of application fees under certain circumstances where permits are not timely issued; to provide for related matters; to provide an effective date; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007 ... /hb850.htm

I really, really like it. :righton:

Thanks for the heads up JJ

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rammstein said:
I like it.

But I thought the session was over?
Oh no no... the first half of the session is over.

The next half is next year. Bills introduced now are basically like a prefiled bill... except you have much longer than a month to gather support for/against it.

I also do not know the rules in a special session... if they have to talk about nothing but the reason for the special session (budget) or if other committees can continue working on other bills.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
I also do not know the rules in a special session... if they have to talk about nothing but the reason for the special session (budget) or if other committees can continue working on other bills.
I'm under the impression that they can only work on the issue that caused the special session to be called, not other things.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I sent the following to my Rep, Charlice Byrd:

I, as one of your constituents, strongly urge you to support HB850 in any way that you can.

We have a serious problem in Georgia with our probate judges (including Judge McVay in Cherokee County) refusing to issue Georgia Firearms Licenses (GFLs) in accordance with the procedures and timelines set out in the State Code. HB850 would hopefully streamline the process and give applicants some small recourse if the the law is not obeyed by our elected officials with the same diligence and rigor that we citizens are expected to practice.

I know you have a strong record of supporting Georgians' firearms rights. I hope you will support this bill.

I and my fellow members of GeorgiaCarry.Org will be watching this bill closely as it moves through the legislative process.

Thank you for your time,
mzmtg
123 mzmtg's street
Acworth, GA 30102

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
:righton:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
How about changing it to WILL issue :twisted: Or MUST. Something more obvious.

Good job GCO. I have a feeling we're going to be showing up en-masse on this one... not to mention an intense letter writing campaign? Is it too early to start hounding our reps? I'll have a new one next month and I want him to know me immediately :D

·
Romans 10:13
4,652 Posts
mzmtg said:
I sent the following to my Rep, Charlice Byrd:

I, as one of your constituents, strongly urge you to support HB850 in any way that you can.

We have a serious problem in Georgia with our probate judges (including Judge McVay in Cherokee County) refusing to issue Georgia Firearms Licenses (GFLs) in accordance with the procedures and timelines set out in the State Code. HB850 would hopefully streamline the process and give applicants some small recourse if the the law is not obeyed by our elected officials with the same diligence and rigor that we citizens are expected to practice.

I know you have a strong record of supporting Georgians' firearms rights. I hope you will support this bill.

I and my fellow members of GeorgiaCarry.Org will be watching this bill closely as it moves through the legislative process.

Thank you for your time,
mzmtg
123 mzmtg's street
Acworth, GA 30102
:righton:

·
Registered
917 Posts
How does one address their state senator and/or representative? Honorable? What's the appropriate salutation?

Send this letter to my representative, my senator, or both?

:?:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
By their title.

e.g.

Rep. Bearden, (if you are being more formal use "Rep. Bearden:")

Thanks for being a cool dude.

Sincerely,
Ramm Stein

1 - 20 of 67 Posts