HB 799 Decriminalize Carry in State Parks

Discussion in 'Previous Bills' started by Molon Labe, Mar 14, 2005.

1. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

hmmmmmmmm

Looks like someone picked up Section 7 of our bill. It has been reversed from the current version to my original version. But none the less it is still our section 7!

2. wwwilljr

wwwilljr New Member

This is a step in the right direction!

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Crossover Date

We have passed the crossover date for this year. So nothing will get passed till next year. Hopefully by then we will have enough members to make the reps listen. I would rather have our bill than this piecemill stuff.

4. seajay

Crossover does not mean a new bill can't be passed. It is beginning to look as if someone is taking our bill and introducing it as several bills. Perhaps they took it and are deviding it up amoung themselves in the hopes to get something to the floor for a vote. This is a sound strategy if you are planing a comprehensive reform. If you have a lot of small related bills it is also not uncommon to combine them on the floor just before a vote. Maybe this is what's going on here. Break it apart only to rejoin it later.

5. Kahr Driver

Kahr Driver New Member

SLICE AND DICE

I don't care how many pieces are out there, any/every small victory is a step in the right direction. :D

We should give our support to every Senator and Rep that takes a piece of this to the floor, and we need to thank them all for their efforts.

6. gkbikers

gkbikers New Member

The sponsor, Rep. Bobby Reese, purports to be a friend of pro-gunners and (this through the grapevine) said he would support the type of legislation being discussed here at GeorgiaPacking.org. Again, that is a rumor I have heard. I have not talked with him directly.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What is the status of HB 799?

8. Malum Prohibitum

House First and Second Readers, no further action.

9. Malum Prohibitum

10. seajay

I have a screw driver...

11. Malum Prohibitum

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I am sad to see HB 799 got no where, but very happy to see that HB 544 (making all city/county parks a part of the school zone law) got no where as well.