HB 79 - Hypocrite Bill on Window Tint

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

You can't have window tint, but we can.

:roll:

HB 79

2. Malum Prohibitum

Am I the only person who would be outraged at getting a ticket for window tinting from a policeman with the exact same window tinting on his patrol car?

:soapbox:

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I feel the same way about this as I do about the exemption to the firearm laws.

If it is good for the people, then no exemptions are needed.

4. Foul

Foul New Member

What ever happened to "equal protection under the law"?

5. wwomack

wwomack New Member

government

6. Foul

Foul New Member

It's amazing how some one word answers can hold so much truth and so much sadness at the same time.

Man, how far we've let things slide...

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Quite ridiculous huh?

8. BergerBoy

BergerBoy New Member

It's already like that around here. Or at least was, haven't kept up on the laws.

Policemen popped younger people w/ tint just because they were young or had a modified vehicle, but they did whatever they wanted on their own vehicles. The law was repealed/sunsetted for a while, but I think it went back into effect........I'm not sure.

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Please excuse my confused self, been a long week in the office and finally had time to look at the board again.

Is this bill trying to prohibit the public citizen from having widow tint on their vehicle????

Sorry for the confusion.

If they are trying to prohibit the public citizens from having tint they have to be wacked. They tried this in Florida! Failed miserably.......

10. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Noticed something on the news regarding this just a day or so ago. Anybody have any details or know anything about this?

11. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

Yes, the tint on the windshield and front windows has to be no darker than 32%, while the back glass and rear windows can be as dark as the owner wishes.

Only problem is this: in Hall County, even when the tint is at 32%, they stop you to check it, and then tell you it has to be below 32%. I know. I bought my wife a new 06 Nissan in August, had factory tint put on it ($400) after checking the law, then had a cop stop me two weeks later, tell me it was too dark, give me a summons, and told me I had 24hrs to remove my tint. My wife was pissed! Not as pissed as me. I did not remove it, went to court and beat the summons. What an :censored:

12. Sharky

Sharky New Member

So you beat it because it was the 32% Limit and proved that to the court? I wonder how many officers are enforcing that one. Obviously you were picked out for it. I wonder how gwinnett will respond. When I lived in FL they had the same law, but no officer I ever talked to or knew as a friend would even waste their time with it.

13. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Most around here did not either. Though if you were already pulled over for something else, depending on why you got pulled over and how you acted they might include a tint charge. I don't recall anyone (that I knew) being pulled over just because of the tint.

14. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

So how hard is it to become a "Private Investigator"?

15. Watch_Their_Hands

Yes, beat it then smiled at the summoning officer while leaving. I could go into the whole, "Man, you don't know Hall County...," but I won't. Per Capita, the cop to citizen % must be around 2 to 1... :shock:

This county is about the almighty $. Nothing more, nothing less. Just ask the illegal immigrants here. They smile about it all the time...They come, they spend, they are rewarded with jobs...no taxes due. :evil: But I get stopped for some f :censored: tint...

16. Watch_Their_Hands

M~, I was told that I was pulled over because I was driving on a dealers drive out tag (new car...) and told that there had recently been a rash of stolen new vehicles. :bsflag: Lame excuse to check my tint was all.

17. Malum Prohibitum

Any issues with your gun during the stop?

It seems like all the police cars where I live have dark window tinting . . .

18. Watch_Their_Hands

Not a one. Not even the standard, "Do you have any weapons in the vehicle, etc.," nothing. This guy had nothing better to do than try to make a few $'s for the county by stopping me, a guy whom he thought was stupid, and/or would not question his motives or the validity of the stop, and subsequent summons to appear. :wink:

19. BergerBoy

BergerBoy New Member

Good god, you're not kidding.....