Georgiapacking.org banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
13,434 Posts
The point is mute anyway. We are not a democracy. The majority does not rule.
Quite true but I would really like to be polled once. You know, to express my opinions. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I was actually referring to a supposedly pro-gun group that has beef with the speaker. They like to beat up on him around legislative days 29, 30, and 39.
Ahhhh,

The ones that sound like geese and adore money!

·
Under Scrutiny
19,382 Posts

http://thechampionnewspaper.com/news/local/dekalb-representative-sponsors-anti-gun-bill/

"I'm very aware this is a controversial subject but it is my purpose and my intent to have an open and intellectually honest discussion with the state of Georgia about gun violence," said Oliver, the bill's sponsor, during a Jan. 14 news conference in the state Capitol.

"Gun violence kills 30,000 people a year."
Bishop Robert Wright of the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta said, "We need to have a conversation-a real conversation-and we need to pass some legislation about assault weapons.

"When I think about these very extreme and extraordinary weapons in the hands of people who have no business having these types of weapons in their hands, it makes me fear for our men and women in law enforcement," Wright said.

He urged the audience to help "law enforcement officials to continue to have the upper hand as they go about their work doing the business of protecting and serving us," Wright said.

"This kind of assault weapon, these extraordinary magazines and these armor-piercing bullets are just beyond" necessary, Wright said. "No one needs this. For what reason do you need this? The hunter doesn't need this. The sportsman doesn't need this.
They are a source of our sickness and our disease."

Weapons are "created for one purpose: to kill, to maim, to disfigure and to terrorize," Lewicki said. "For the sake of peace, these do not belong in our homes and in our communities."
Rev. Gary Charles, senior pastor of Central Presbyterian Church, said "more guns do not equal more safety."

Gun owners should be required to undergo training and background checks "before having the privilege of owning a deadly weapon like a car or a gun," Charles said.

"It does not infringe on my rights that I have had to register my car…and I have had to pass a driving proficiency class before I could operate that deadly weapon-a car," he said.
"privilege of owning" Nope it's a right.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,382 Posts
http://atlantaprogressivenews.com/2...emocrats-seek-assault-weapons-ban-in-georgia/

“As a Christian, I think gun violence is an issue Georgians want to discuss in a fair and rational way,†Rep. Oliver said at a press conference announcing the bill on Thursday, January 14, 2016.
What about trespass upon another?

Assault weapons are defined, in this bill, as fully automatic, semiautomatic, or burst fire guns that fire multiple high-velocity rounds quickly. With burst fire guns, one pulls the trigger only once; and the weapons will continue to shot multiple rounds even if the person loses control of the gun.
:-s :shattered: :rotfl2: :panic:

I gotta catch my breath.....I didn't even have to point out "shoot" was misspelled.

“Ordinary citizens do not need assault weapons to hunt quail… they are meant for killing and harming human beings,†Rev. Gary Charles, Sr. Pastor, Central Presbyterian Church, said at the press conference.
“These weapons are created for one purpose to kill, disfigure, and to terrorize. These assault weapons do not belong in our homes and our communities,†Rev. David Lewicki, Chair, Presbyterians for Better Georgia and Co-Pastor, North Decatur Presbyterian Church, said.
As previously reported by Atlanta Progressive News, at several demonstrations in the Atlanta area over the last several years, this reporter has witnessed men carrying AK 47 assault weapons. They say it is their Second Amendment right, or to protect the public, but everyone knows, even the police, that they are trying to intimidate people on the other side of an issue.
Or simply exercising their right.

“If you can’t hear anything else, hear this; having these extreme weapons in the hand of people who have no business having them makes me fear for our law enforcement, †Rev. Robert Wright, Bishop, Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta, said.
This bill will require people who possess assault weapons to render the weapon inoperable or turn it into the Georgia Bureau of Investigation by the end of October 2016.

Pro-gun folks are already yelling that Democrats are trying to take their guns away.
bold mine

Holy :censored:

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
gotta love those pictures. these sad, sorry people are holding up pictures of what they think are scary things in order to evoke an emotional response. that's how they make arguments. living like that must be hell.

p.s. the only thing i get from looking at those pictures is more entries on my wish list.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts
They even had a revolver and a semi-auto pistol in their photos. They are just skeered of gun! :panic: :panic: :panic:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
They even had a revolver and a semi-auto pistol in their photos. They are just skeered of gun! :panic: :panic: :panic:
Is it me or does the picture of the revolver look like the barrel is facing the wrong direction:

·
Registered
45 Posts
The point is mute anyway. We are not a democracy. The majority does not rule.
Off the main topic but, God how I wish that were true. Simple majorities elect or representatives for state and federal government and simple majorities of
the Houses and Senates pass bills and make law. A simple majority gave us Obamacare. I would argue strongly that it is a minority of a simple majority which makes the laws we live under. We may be a representative republic and even be democratic about that, but the majority does rule here most, if not all the time. Do any of us really think that if the Democrats controlled the House and Senate, there'd be a snowballs chance of stopping this?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,676 Posts
Shame we cannot get one of those guns for each person up there holding a sign. I am game to purchase ammo for them.

Nemo

·
Registered
928 Posts
Given its configuration, that is a high capacity revolver. Why have six, when only one is necessary?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,676 Posts
So the person next to them can pick it up, rant and rave over the horror and demonstrate how it creates such horror.

Nemo

·
Under Scrutiny
19,382 Posts
Signers of HB731

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The bigger question is do they know what's in those pictures?
Probably not.

It's likely they just pulled a bunch of pictures off the internet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had Han Solo's blaster or Chewbacca's crossbow.

141 - 160 of 200 Posts